Picked up a Komoa T500 with eq in Hawaii. Thoughts?

Gforeman

Reaction score
Always wanted a uke. Always thought I'd get an Ovation since I love my ovation guitars. When into a uke shop in Kauai and. Tried a busnch of them. Loved the t500. Liked the look of the koa tops, but the tone of the t500 was richer. It's a tenor model with the preamp. Any thoughts on it? Had it shipped home to va. Won't see it for a week. Guitar player here, so it was fairly easy to strum out some tunes.

The people at the store were great. I think it was the kamoa designers mother GiGi.

Welcome to UU and the wonderful world of the uke!

The important thing is not what we think of the uke, it is what you think of it. We are all here for the love of the instrument. As long as it makes you happy, then it is doing its job!

Always wanted a uke. Always thought I'd get an Ovation since I love my ovation guitars. When into a uke shop in Kauai and. Tried a busnch of them. Loved the t500. Liked the look of the koa tops, but the tone of the t500 was richer. It's a tenor model with the preamp. Any thoughts on it? Had it shipped home to va. Won't see it for a week. Guitar player here, so it was fairly easy to strum out some tunes.

The people at the store were great. I think it was the kamoa designers mother GiGi.

You must have been in Koloa, I love Georgine!

Congrats on the new uke! The 500 series sounds great.

I actually went to both stores. Met Joe too! Also met Mike Young. Local performer. Did a little private show with the uke for my wife and I. Such nice people.

Top Bottom