PDA

View Full Version : Luna Ukuleles.....

UkuleleHan96
10-04-2012, 05:53 AM
I recently got a Luna Peace Maluhia Concert ukulele. i am very happy with it it looks and sounds amazing :) whats everyones opinions on Luna Ukulele/Guitars?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMK94qC5Bzs&feature=plcp

MisterRios
10-04-2012, 05:57 AM
I was going to get a pineapple as my first one, but I decided the laser etching just wasn't my style. But in the uke store, it sounded just as sweet as my Kala KA-P.

fitncrafty
10-04-2012, 05:58 AM
I recently got a Luna Peace Maluhia Concert ukulele. i am very happy with it it looks and sounds amazing :) whats everyones opinions on Luna Ukulele/Guitars?

I love my concert floral, I''ve had it for two years...just wish it was set up by Hawaii music...it would be even better...enjoy. I got to play one of those at the uke fest a few weeks ago, sound nice. Love the design too.
I am enamored with their guitars, they have the peace design in a cutaway guitar, I don't play just drool over them in the shop...

mm stan
10-04-2012, 06:10 AM
I played that uke in HMS about a month ago..it sounded great for the price and so did the pineapple....they are certainly getting better than before ....

Mandalyn
10-04-2012, 06:46 AM
I have the honu. It was my first ukulele. I really liked it, but now I prefer my Ohana concert. I leave my Honu in my classroom and use it for music time. The kids love it. :D

joeybug
10-04-2012, 07:15 AM
I have a pineapple Luna and love it, can't speak too highly of them :D

mm stan
10-04-2012, 07:30 AM

The newer model one I played at HMS was set up right and they certainly made improvements on the current ones Joey...big difference from the initial ones..

SailQwest
10-04-2012, 05:53 PM
My husband got me a Luna a few months ago (number twenty-something in a long line of uke acquisitions for us).

My requirements:
Concert size
Excellent intonation
Easy playability
Drought-resistant
Adequate acoustic volume
Well-balanced pick-up

The Luna Dolphin fit the bill perfectly. I was also pleasantly surprised by it's sweet tone (sweetened even more by Southcoast strings). The icing on the cake...it's pretty and blue. Also, it makes the metal guys I play with smile, and I think I like that, too. ;)

coolkayaker1
10-04-2012, 06:02 PM
whats everyones opinions on Luna Ukulele/Guitars?

You asked. They suck.

fitncrafty
10-04-2012, 06:09 PM
My husband got me a Luna a few months ago (number twenty-something in a long line of uke acquisitions for us).

The Luna Dolphin fit the bill perfectly. I was also pleasantly surprised by it's sweet tone (sweetened even more by Southcoast strings). The icing on the cake...it's pretty and blue. Also, it makes the metal guys I play with smile, and I think I like that, too. ;)

I feel the same exact way about my concert floral.. I think I am going to have to search down some southcoast strings for it.. I have Martin flurocarbons(clear) on it now.. They are way better than the aquillas for this uke..

Freeda
10-04-2012, 08:30 PM
I got mine from HMS and it is a nice uke. :)

gyosh
10-04-2012, 09:00 PM
You asked. They suck.

That's kind of harsh.

. . . but at the same time, I won't own one.

CountryMouse
02-01-2013, 03:54 AM

Thinkin' seriously of the Great Wave soprano pineapple!

CountryMouse

Kyle23
02-01-2013, 03:55 AM
I love mine. I have the Mo'o solid cedar top concert. Sounds great and looks great too.

ukeeku
02-01-2013, 04:07 AM
Without reading everyone elses. I did a review of a couple and they are hit or miss. I tell people to buy them from people that set them up. Beyond that they are great. I have a friend and hers broke at the neck joint and they replaced it.
Great company and they care about ukuleles

CountryMouse
02-01-2013, 04:54 AM
Update: I just ordered the Luna Great Wave pineapple soprano from Hawaii Music Supply! Excited!!

CountryMouse

CountryMouse
02-01-2013, 04:59 AM
The newer model one I played at HMS was set up right and they certainly made improvements on the current ones Joey...big difference from the initial ones..

I just ordered a Luna Great Wave soprano pineapple from HMS. I wanted to buy from a place that does good setups.

This will be Number 23. You're my hero, Stan. :p

CountryMouse

kissing
02-01-2013, 05:03 AM
They're great ukes in their price range.

Obviously they won't measure up to more high-end brand ukes that cost over a thousand dollars (which is why some people say they "suck"), but they are one of the better-made, aesthetically fancy ones in their price range.

I have a Luna Baritone. I really like it, and it's a regular player.
It's not as nice as a Kamaka Baritone, which I also owned, but it's also about a quarter of the price of it.

And a Luna is great for taking to places without worrying too much about humidity changes causing them to be damaged. They're resilient and easily replaceable.

PatriciaPDX
02-01-2013, 08:46 AM
I just ordered a Luna Great Wave soprano pineapple from HMS...

You did? Woo-hoo, that's a beautiful uke! Pictures requested when you get it! :D

Stevelele
02-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Check out this great deal for a luna: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luna-Tattoo-Pineapple-Soprano-Ukulele-w-Gigbag-NEW-/271146851491?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f219c9ca3

Crazy, huh?

ShawnMilo
02-01-2013, 09:31 AM
I've only had one Luna, and it was one priced at around $100. I liked it a lot. It was my favorite among my first five ukes.

Now that my UAS has provided me with higher quality ukes (see my signature), I'm dissatisfied with anything at that level. But before I played anything that wasn't all-laminate I liked it fine.

My advice is to try it if you can. If you can't, and you already have better-made instruments, I wouldn't chance it.

CountryMouse
02-01-2013, 10:27 AM
You did? Woo-hoo, that's a beautiful uke! Pictures requested when you get it! :D

The thing I'm excited about is the expert setup! Bunnicula was wowed about how pretty it is. I like the tone it has in the video clip. I've already got a (sad) song in mind for it! But of course, I'll need a strap button, so it might not show up in videos right away.

CountryMouse

chillywilly
02-01-2013, 10:47 AM
At least the one listed on eBay has free shipping!!!

CountryMouse
02-01-2013, 11:26 AM
At least the one listed on eBay has free shipping!!!

LOL!

Mousie