Luna Ukuleles.....

UkuleleHan96

Reaction score
Last edited:
I was going to get a pineapple as my first one, but I decided the laser etching just wasn't my style. But in the uke store, it sounded just as sweet as my Kala KA-P.

I recently got a Luna Peace Maluhia Concert ukulele. i am very happy with it it looks and sounds amazing :) whats everyones opinions on Luna Ukulele/Guitars?

I love my concert floral, I''ve had it for two years...just wish it was set up by Hawaii music...it would be even better...enjoy. I got to play one of those at the uke fest a few weeks ago, sound nice. Love the design too.
I am enamored with their guitars, they have the peace design in a cutaway guitar, I don't play just drool over them in the shop...

I played that uke in HMS about a month ago..it sounded great for the price and so did the pineapple....they are certainly getting better than before ....

I have the honu. It was my first ukulele. I really liked it, but now I prefer my Ohana concert. I leave my Honu in my classroom and use it for music time. The kids love it. :D

I have a pineapple Luna and love it, can't speak too highly of them :D

My husband got me a Luna a few months ago (number twenty-something in a long line of uke acquisitions for us).

My requirements:
• Concert size
• Excellent intonation
• Easy playability
• Drought-resistant
• Adequate acoustic volume
• Well-balanced pick-up

The Luna Dolphin fit the bill perfectly. I was also pleasantly surprised by it's sweet tone (sweetened even more by Southcoast strings). The icing on the cake...it's pretty and blue. Also, it makes the metal guys I play with smile, and I think I like that, too. ;)

My husband got me a Luna a few months ago (number twenty-something in a long line of uke acquisitions for us).

The Luna Dolphin fit the bill perfectly. I was also pleasantly surprised by it's sweet tone (sweetened even more by Southcoast strings). The icing on the cake...it's pretty and blue. Also, it makes the metal guys I play with smile, and I think I like that, too. ;)

I feel the same exact way about my concert floral.. I think I am going to have to search down some southcoast strings for it.. I have Martin flurocarbons(clear) on it now.. They are way better than the aquillas for this uke..

I got mine from HMS and it is a nice uke. :)

I have a pineapple Luna and love it, can't speak too highly of them :D

Thinkin' seriously of the Great Wave soprano pineapple!

CountryMouse

I love mine. I have the Mo'o solid cedar top concert. Sounds great and looks great too.

Without reading everyone elses. I did a review of a couple and they are hit or miss. I tell people to buy them from people that set them up. Beyond that they are great. I have a friend and hers broke at the neck joint and they replaced it.
Great company and they care about ukuleles

The newer model one I played at HMS was set up right and they certainly made improvements on the current ones Joey...big difference from the initial ones..

I just ordered a Luna Great Wave soprano pineapple from HMS. I wanted to buy from a place that does good setups.

This will be Number 23. You're my hero, Stan. :p

CountryMouse

They're great ukes in their price range.

Obviously they won't measure up to more high-end brand ukes that cost over a thousand dollars (which is why some people say they "suck"), but they are one of the better-made, aesthetically fancy ones in their price range.

I have a Luna Baritone. I really like it, and it's a regular player.
It's not as nice as a Kamaka Baritone, which I also owned, but it's also about a quarter of the price of it.

And a Luna is great for taking to places without worrying too much about humidity changes causing them to be damaged. They're resilient and easily replaceable.

Top Bottom