Name the 3 mid-range uke BRANDS you wish your local store sold.- here's why...

Total Ukphoria

Reaction score
UPDATE!Name the 3 mid-range uke BRANDS you wish your local store sold.- here's why...

Range between $100-400
My local shop wants to expand their uke inventory and has asked me which brands they should get!:drool:
More than 3 is fine!

Thanks for everyone's input so far.
Great news! As of TODAY our local shop now officially carries
MAINLAND!
Still waiting to hear back from some of the other brands.
THANKS AGAIN!
VOTE if you haven't!

Last edited:
Mainland
Islander
KoAlana - well, that one's not fair since HMS bought the full US-bound allotment of the first run... :)
Ohana especially their higher-end stuff.

What brands does the store carry now? If they have nothing, they will HAVE to have a sub $100 uke on there uke wall. That's why if they don't have Kala, that should be a must for them, Kala has $40 up to $419 ukuleles available.

Ohana would be a welcome addition to any local music shop. (Hope the Launceston folks read this :p). Fleas and Flukes would be a great and quirky line up to have in there too. Big Island? Yep, I'd say Ponos too as far as production ukes go, and have them increase their 400 upper limit to include some of their nicer models.

Yeah...pono is a good choice... replace Ohana with pono on my earlier post... :)

All the brands given above are great. Don't see many of them out this way, except for Kala.

We really need more variety in strings, too. D'Addario and Aquila are common -- if poorly stocked at times -- but Worth, Pearse, Fremont and Martin are pretty rare. (Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?)

Nobody in my immediate area (25 miles) sells Ohana or Fluke. Pretty much the only brands I normally see are Kala (including Makala), Lanakai, Riptide, Luna, Stagg, and the bottom of the line Martin, except by special order. I may have seen some Samick, but not too sure.

This doesn't include Guitar Center, which on a hit-or-miss basis also has Anuenue, Mitchell, Applause, Cordoba, Fender, and some even less memorable things.

-Kurt​

I like a lot of the brands listed above. I might also add Kamoa or Eleuke if they think they might want some electrics, and Kelii and Mele ukuleles, too.

1 Martin's re-vamped, mid-priced line
2 Fluke/Flea
3 Kala
IMO these 3 would give you the most variety.

I would choose Kala, Ohana, Mainland, and Fluke/Flea.

–Lori

Oh no, it's a lovely Pono.

Top Bottom