Valentine's day STRATOCASTER

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D
Bad news:
Because of the NAMM show; the people at Fender did not ship my telecaster till a couple days ago. So I guess this means that my countdown is going to have to repeat.

Good news:
Aaron and I decided to visit a local music store here on Oahu. The local music store here is a lot better than the ones on Kauai. Especially the store at Kapahulu called "Good Guys music" So anyway, I walked in and had a look around. I was looking at the telecasters (of course) and saw a bunch of beaufiful ones. There was a blue Japanese telecaster that blew me away. Then I took a look at the used guitars since I don't think I could've afforded any of the new ones. Then I saw it... this custom body American series Stratocaster... as soon as I saw it, I knew that I had to have it. It just called to me... and had that eerie feel of destiny haha. I asked the guy (the 'good guy') how much it was and replied with a crazy "$495" I was shocked to say the least. It was in a REALLY good condition (you would swear that it was brand new) and it had a custom body and a crazy color. So I didn't hesitate to purchase the immaculate condition, $1300 guitar for $500 bucks. It's really hard to put her down... she's a beauty.

*edit*
Here's a pic

0215081636.jpg

.... oh btw... I named her "Foxy" :cool:

Last edited:
Bad news:
Because of the NAMM show; the people at Fender did not ship my telecaster till a couple days ago. So I guess this means that my countdown is going to have to repeat.

Good news:
Aaron and I decided to visit a local music store here on Oahu. The local music store here is a lot better than the ones on Kauai. Especially the store at Kapahulu called "Good Guys music" So anyway, I walked in and had a look around. I was looking at the telecasters (of course) and saw a bunch of beaufiful ones. There was a blue Japanese telecaster that blew me away. Then I took a look at the used guitars since I don't think I could've afforded any of the new ones. Then I saw it... this custom body American series Stratocaster... as soon as I saw it, I knew that I had to have it. It just called to me... and had that eerie feel of destiny haha. I asked the guy (the 'good guy') how much it was and replied with a crazy "$495" I was shocked to say the least. It was in a REALLY good condition (you would swear that it was brand new) and it had a custom body and a crazy color. So I didn't hesitate to purchase the immaculate condition, $1300 guitar for $500 bucks. It's really hard to put her down... she's a beauty. Here's a pic of a strat that kinda looks like it:

C107632.JPG

.... oh btw... I named her "Foxy" :cool:

Some would say the musician doesnt choose the instrument but the instrument calls for the musician. I guess u were his calling. :D gratz on the purchase

Nice guitar. What is custom about the body?

Good Guys is awesome. I was there the other day looking at the MIJ Strats too. Very nice guitars.

So are you getting the Tele too?

Last edited:
yep, the blue one was very nice. I really liked the Ash one though...something about the natural finish and black pickguard i suppose....

they asked me if i wanted to try it out and I got scared that I would like it too much and get obsessed, so i declined.

it seems like Telecasters have been turning up all over lately. First it was Jack Johnson. Then my buddy bought one. Then I saw like three local musicians playing them in just the past few weeks. (and then there was Avril Lavigne in her video..but yeah that probably doesn't count) Did you know the guy from Slipknot has his own signature model? I didn't.....

I am considering getting a junkie Strat bodied guitar and modding it. It worked for Van Halen....

I'd kill for an American Strat. Or even a MIM strat. But everytime I start saving up, I buy something else. Probably for the best, I'm not much of an electric guitar player.

I wanna see vids of Aldrine playing the new Strat. New youtube channel for his Strat and Tele: casteroversoul.

I'd kill for an American Strat. Or even a MIM strat. But everytime I start saving up, I buy something else. Probably for the best, I'm not much of an electric guitar player.

I wanna see vids of Aldrine playing the new Strat. New youtube channel for his Strat and Tele: casteroversoul.

Hahahahahahahaha casteroversoul LOL

i heard that when the Telecaster came out, it was when the TV came out, it was supposed to be called the Broadcaster, but the word broadcast was taken. so they went with Tele. is this somewhat true? my friend and i were watching Across the Universe and he told me this. so i asked him "why do they call it the Stratocaster?"

i heard that when the Telecaster came out, it was when the TV came out, it was supposed to be called the Broadcaster, but the word broadcast was taken. so they went with Tele. is this somewhat true? my friend and i were watching Across the Universe and he told me this. so i asked him "why do they call it the Stratocaster?"
i have the answers in my guitar book. when i get a chance, i post up the history. as far as the tele, from what i remember that is correct. the stratocaster... i just cant remember off the top of my head why it was called that.

i have the answers in my guitar book. when i get a chance, i post up the history. as far as the tele, from what i remember that is correct. the stratocaster... i just cant remember off the top of my head why it was called that.

thanks nuke. from what my friend told me, it seemed like he was correct, but i wanted to ask to see if anyone else knew (dont ask my why i didnt google it)

From Wikipedia.org:

"The name, 'Stratocaster,' was intended to evoke images of new jet-aircraft technology (such as the Boeing B-52 Stratofortress), and to express Fender's modernistic design philosophy. In designing the Stratocaster's body, a significant area of the back of the guitar, and the area where the strumming arm rests, were beveled to accommodate the player's chest and arm. The upper bouts featured two cutaways, for easier access to the higher frets. The new 'Custom Contour Body' and 'Synchronized Tremolo' bridge made the Stratocaster a revolutionary design."

From Wikipedia.org:

"The name, 'Stratocaster,' was intended to evoke images of new jet-aircraft technology (such as the Boeing B-52 Stratofortress), and to express Fender's modernistic design philosophy. In designing the Stratocaster's body, a significant area of the back of the guitar, and the area where the strumming arm rests, were beveled to accommodate the player's chest and arm. The upper bouts featured two cutaways, for easier access to the higher frets. The new 'Custom Contour Body' and 'Synchronized Tremolo' bridge made the Stratocaster a revolutionary design."

thanks bro. i should probably wikipedia that too haha

They are the Fender's names for their designs. I don't think any other company can make the same shape and call it a Telecaster or Stratocaster. There are lots of guitars with those shapes or subtle variations on them though from many manufacturers.

I think the Tokai Springy Sound strat copies from Japan have the coolest name yet though.

Top Bottom