New Moore Bettah

Mandarb

Reaction score
Some of you may have heard of this great guy named Chuck Moore who builds some great ukes. You know - the guy who builds his ukes using only solar power. He doesn't just live on a big island he lives on the Big Island. I am the proud owner of one of his ukes. I bought one of Chuck's spec ukes but I feel like it was made just for me. I got exactly what I wanted - a slot head koa tenor. It has a really nice inlay of a plumeria. The plumeria is a perfect representation of the spirit and aloha of Hawaii. It is a simple and elegant uke - just what I wanted. I took a bunch of pictures with my iPhone and they just don't look that great once they are enlarged but I will share some of the better ones. Chuck has much better pics that can be seen on his website but even they cannot do justice to how great this uke looks in person. They can be viewed here.... http://www.moorebettahukes.com/FORSALE.html. And yes - it sounds as good as it looks.

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

Mainland Mahogany Tenor, Kamaka Koa Tenor, S&J Crafts Mango Tenor, Moore Bettah Koa Tenor

Last edited:
Congratulations! I wondered who grabbed up that one. It's a beauty for sure, but does Chuck make anything else? As the guy who bought Chuck's previous spec uke (below yours on Chuck's page), I know exactly what you mean-- it may be a spec instrument, but it's pretty much exactly what I would have ordered had I ordered a custom. And, in the end, I'll trust Chuck's uke-building instincts a lot more than I trust mine.

Yeah. . . you just made the list of people I hate . . . maybe, just strongly dislike. . . okay it's just people I'm extremely jealous of, but you're still on the list!!!

Welcome to the MB club!

Very very nice. Congratulations!

That is gorgeous!!! I also strongly dislike you now

Aloha and congrats on your new MB uke. Chuck does build amazing instruments. May you have many happy moments with it. Love the Plumeria..................................BO......................

Aloha Mandarb,
Aha You da lucky guy who scored that uke.. was wondering who it was.....Congratulations man and Happy strumming....I am waiting for my turn.....woo hoo
Bruddah Chuckie's ukes are like Bruddah Bo said, amazing, gorgous and great sounding.....:iwant::drool::)

Last edited:
Welcome to the MB Family! Congrats!!! Looks a lot like mine!

Congrats! I was 3rd... At least it went to a UU home. I have faith that I will one day own a MB. For all of us that missed our chance with that uke, please make sure you do one thing. Play it. Often. Don't let it become a "show uke." Happy Strumming!

Last edited:
It's gorgeous! I'm a big fan of plumeria too, and that inlay is so classy. Gotta love those Moore Bettah ukes!

...yeah, but what about the knobs? Boring old gold knobs.

:D

I was number 5...I bid on it even though the link was not working...after seeing it, that's the perfect one...I too have faith that there will be a perfect one out there fore me! Congrats

Congratulations. I want one so bad! Definitely my next Uke.

Congrats, that's a beauty of an Uke! :D May you have many fun times with her and strum her plenty!

Thank you everyone for the kind words and well wishes.

Chuck - have a good time at the Big Island Uke Guild Exhibition.

Congrats, that's a beauty of an Uke! :D May you have many fun times with her and strum her plenty!

Thanks. Glad to see you posting. Hope you are feeling better!

Top Bottom