"Sporting Life Blues"

Another one of my favs. In my guitar playing days I had a drop D version as played by the great Dave Van Ronk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByV4RaWMVhQ
Your version is a little more snappy, which I really like. I love when someone takes and inherently sad song, yet plays it a bit brighter. I think that's what the blues are all about... finding joy in adversity.
Well played.

Another one of my favs. In my guitar playing days I had a drop D version as played by the great Dave Van Ronk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByV4RaWMVhQ
Your version is a little more snappy, which I really like. I love when someone takes and inherently sad song, yet plays it a bit brighter. I think that's what the blues are all about... finding joy in adversity.
Well played.
Dave Van Ronk is a legend and a great folk hero of mine Josh, thanks for an awesome link mate. And yep, agreed, the great blues players always used their music to get them through the tough stuff and come out the other end stronger didn't they. Cheers for the nice comment and wisdom brother. My version very much in the Lil' Rev mould, check his take on the song out too mate, with the added bonus of some brilliant harp playing

Ah Karma
Thanks for diggin' out this song as always sounds pretty cool
I like the ways you fingers dance up and down that fret board.

Terrific song choice here Jon, I love this one, great work mate.
:worship: Always a great pleasure to hear you singing the blues. :)
Another great song from you. Nice soloing in the middle.
Your uke looks like the small version of a classical guitar. Sounds good.
You are a master of these old gems.....the fingerpicking in this was super nice!
Ah Karma
Thanks for diggin' out this song as always sounds pretty cool
I like the ways you fingers dance up and down that fret board.
many thanks you fine folks. M & S, it's easy to sing the blues when you got em! :p I'm embarrassed to call it 'soloing'; there's nothing ever very complicated about my pickin stuff, i pretty much just do it off the chords and it's very simple. As for the uke Fred, it's a covered bridge concert uke made from walnut with a western red cedar top. Cheers and thankyou all.

Top Bottom