PDA

View Full Version : Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain

Gforeman
10-06-2012, 08:21 AM
I just got tickets for these guys for next weekend. Can't wait!

Wongo
10-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Enjoy. Let us know how it goes.

lennymac
10-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Saw then maybe 4 years ago. They were FANTASTIC!! Enjoy and post a review!!

kaizersoza
10-06-2012, 11:15 AM
saw them a coupla months ago, they were fantastic

ItsMrPitchy
10-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Never seen them live but their videos are great. Have a good time at the show.

mascompro
10-06-2012, 11:57 AM
I don't go to a lot of concerts, but I would love to go see them, if they ever swung by my way.

Gforeman
10-06-2012, 01:54 PM
So lucky to just find them on YouTube, then find out they are performing 1.5 hours away next weekend.

frets alot
10-06-2012, 03:11 PM
I just got tickets for these guys for next weekend. Can't wait!

In Traverse City, Mi on the 13th? That's when I'm going.

Gforeman
10-06-2012, 05:06 PM

Well, Jet Lag from Hawaii must STILL be affecting my brain. :rolleyes:

It's on the 20th in MD.

J-Peg
10-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Well, Jet Lag from Hawaii must STILL be affecting my brain. :rolleyes:

It's on the 20th in MD.

My wife and I are going to that concert, too.

Are you bringing your uke for the big audience participation segment?

Gforeman
10-06-2012, 05:43 PM
My wife and I are going to that concert, too.

Are you bringing your uke for the big audience participation segment?

Do they have this at every concert???

kaizersoza
10-07-2012, 12:39 AM
words of advice, if you are going to take part in the audience participation be prepared coz they don't hang about, it comes and goes in the blink of an eye and if you miss your cue you will miss the piece, you have been warned, oh and hang about in the foyer after the concert because they normally come out to meet their audience, i left straight after the concert and missed meeting them and having some pics taken

good_uke_boy
10-07-2012, 01:39 AM
My wife, son, and I will be at the UOGB show at Strathmore (in Maryland) on the 20th as well. Thanks for the warning about being ready for the audience participation piece -- we've been practicing.

Gforeman
10-07-2012, 05:23 AM
I doubt I will bring mine since it isn't even here yet, but thanks for the heads up about meeting them. Can a camera be brought in for after the concert? I guess my iPhone would suffice.

J-Peg
10-07-2012, 05:48 AM
Do they have this at every concert???

I believe so. They have a link to downloadable PDFs of the music on the website where you buy your tickets for the Strathmore show.

Here's a video of that part of the show at Royal Albert Hall in 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GLBI21X-aM

ETA: Here's a link to the page where you can download the music (http://www.strathmore.org/education/series/view.asp?id=10102298)

s4ndyUk
10-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Went to see them about a month or two ago... Got my uke signed :D :D

Pondoro
10-07-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm gonna be at that one!

Nickie
10-07-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm going to see them when they come to Floriduh!

Ron
10-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Enjoy! They're great.

frets alot
10-08-2012, 02:46 AM
I'm gonna be at that one!

Pondoro,
Have you heard if we can bring our ukes? I emailed the UOGB (see previous posts) and they said no. But, then others here seem to think we could. I called the box office. They claimed they would inquire about it and then call me back. Of course,.....no call back. Are you bringing your uke?

RichM
10-08-2012, 03:36 AM
Pondoro,
Have you heard if we can bring our ukes? I emailed the UOGB (see previous posts) and they said no. But, then others here seem to think we could. I called the box office. They claimed they would inquire about it and then call me back. Of course,.....no call back. Are you bringing your uke?

I can't speak for any other location, but for those of us attending the show at the McCarter Theater in Princeton, NJ next week, the McCarter website specifically noted that we were encouraged to bring our ukes and provided linkes to the score for a piece called Relentlessly in C, as well as video of the UOGB playing it. This appears to be true for other venues as well.

BTW, I've been having a good time playing Relentlessly in C along with the UOGB video. It's really very simple, and sounds pretty cool when it works.

Gforeman
10-08-2012, 03:54 AM
The venue in MD also has the sheet music linked, and are encouraged to bring theirs. Can you bring the case in?

frets alot
10-08-2012, 09:30 AM
For any of you who are attending the concert in Traverse City, MI on October 13, they ARE doing the Relentlessly "In C" concert there. The City Opera House in T.C. does not have any information of it on their website. So, I called and talked to the manager there. She did some checking and said that that is what they are doing, and she emailed me the music, info., etc. (actually the same as what is on the UOGB website and other box office websites). She said to bring your ukes and join in the fun!!

Pondoro
10-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Pondoro,

I was not planning to bring a uke.

frets alot
10-11-2012, 02:37 AM
BTW, I've been having a good time playing Relentlessly in C along with the UOGB video. It's really very simple, and sounds pretty cool when it works.

I've been practicing too. At first I had my doubts, but it is kinda cool when you play it with them. It will be interesting to hear it all come together with the audience. Looking forward to it.