Ukulele Cabinet

Reichpapers

Reaction score
I built this over the last two days utilizing my wifes bookshelf. I bought the glass doors, replaced the lewon in the rear with a 3/4" piece of particle board. Siliconed all the openings/cracks, weather stripping for the doors. The dowels are covered in felt.

photo1.jpg
photo2.jpg
photo3.jpg

total genius mate!!! Looks fantastic, well done!!! :) ...just wish I had enough ukes to fill it!!!!!!

Very well done!

I'm open to any suggestions on humidifying it. :D THere should be a good enough seal.

Wow, just wow. I may steal this idea.
Look how humadors work. One way that sounds weird but I know works is put some oranges in the cabinet. they will shrink as they are dried out.

Schweeet! Nice work. And...are those miniature tanks guarding them?

John

Schweeet! Nice work. And...are those miniature tanks guarding them?

John

lol, yes they are. My wife has been wanting me to move them for years. Now that I've repurposed her shelves, I may just move them.

We suck as burglars. We tried breaking in and stealing your cabinet, but then we started playing your ukes. And then when you came out to chase us away, you joined us for a jam session instead. We're really bad at this.

Cool....when can you start in mine?

I'm after Phil.

Placed on the lowest shelf or bottom of cabinet, humidify with $1 car wash sponges in standing up, one gallon ziplock bags left open at the top to the degree that you want it humidified. If get moldy (which they will after a year), toss them and buy new ones. Two sponges and ziplocks, if the cabinet is reasonably (but even if not fully) airtight will give, based on my experience, about 55% humidity in there. And you'll only need to refill/re-wet the sponges (I soak them) about once every 3-4 months. Voila!

Last edited:
Fabulous! Nice job!

I'm open to any suggestions on humidifying it. :D THere should be a good enough seal.

My cabinet is nowhere near as large as yours, but I keep a digital hygrometer inside to monitor the humifity level. I have found as much as 10-20 percent difference between my cabinet's level and that in the room in general (where I also keep a humidifier).

I keep a couple of small foam cigar humidifiers as well as a couple of small gel cigar humidifiers inside. When the level drops below 40 percent, I add in a couple of Oasis uke humidifiers.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice folks. I'll just have to make the center bottom a no uke zone...so I can store an oasis or bags..

My cabinet is nowhere near as large as yours, but I keep a digital hygrometer inside to monitor the humifity level. I have found as much as 10-20 percent difference between my cabinet's level and that in the room in general (where I also keep a humidifier).

I keep a couple of small foam cigar humidifiers as well as a couple of small gel cigar humidifiers inside. When the level drops below 40 percent, I add in a couple of Oasis uke humidifiers.

attachment.php

Damn, my cabinet may be big...but your contents are awesome :D

Top Bottom