FS: Kala a/e UBass, solid spruce top $300 shipped ConUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaceweaver3

Reaction score
As described, for sale is an acoustic/electric Kala UBass with solid spruce top, solid mahogany back and sides, mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard and bridge, natural satin finish. Bought for $450 new plus shipping in May 2012. I'm only selling because I prefer playing uke rather than bass. If you know something about playing bass, you'll love this! Setup was great out of the box. Comes with gig bag, 1/4" instrumetn cable, extra strings and humidifier.

Asking $300, shipping included within the lower 48 states. PayPal preferred, at no extra cost to buyer.

Return policy: Return for a full refund of $300 purchase price within 15 days of receipt. Buyer pays return shipping.

Pics attached (taken by kid with iPod, this is the exact UBass you get).

Sound sample (acoustic, UBass only, mono iPod recording):
http://peaceweaving.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/ubass.mp3

If you have any questions, please PM or email: peaceweaver (@) samobile.net

Thanks for looking!

Crystal
View attachment 43815View attachment 43816View attachment 43817View attachment 43818View attachment 43819

Last edited:
seems like a great price! wouldn't mind some better quality photographs though if possible Crystal. very difficult to make out much from those shots...maybe closer up in the daylight would be a better way to showcase your instrument

seems like a great price! wouldn't mind some better quality photographs though if possible Crystal. very difficult to make out much from those shots...maybe closer up in the daylight would be a better way to showcase your instrument
Thanks for your feedback. But since I'm totally blind, and did warn pics were taken by a kid, I think I did pretty darn well, especially considering my low asking price for an instrument in new condition. :)

please don't be offended, I was just trying to be helpful. Whether it's a low price and brand new or otherwise, if a buyer is unable to make out ANY detail on an instrument offered for sale - which can be said of the photos you have put up - it is likely to hinder your prospects of making a quick and painless transaction. For myself I am very interested but am simply unable to distinguish anything in the photographs. Sorry. As a prospective buyer, my request to ask your child to take the photos with the camera closer and in the daylight I think is perfectly reasonable. Anyway, that's my welcome worn out. All the best and good luck with the sale.

Sorry, good intentions aside, the pictures are worthless to a prospective buyer who must use photos as part of the buying decision.

I don't mean to pile on, but I understand that the U-Bass comes both with and without frets. Perhaps you can add to your listing whether the U-Bass you're selling is fretted or fretless. Also -- and I say this in the hope of helping you sell your U-Bass, not to be critical -- I have to agree that iPads can take better photos than the photos posted. As someone who has bought instruments from UUers in the marketplace, I like to be able to see what the soundboard looks like, as well as the nut, bridge and headstock. Your asking price is a great price considering what a U-Bass sells for new and what you paid for yours, but as a prospective buyer, I'd be reluctant to offer to buy it without seeing photos that include more details, even with the return policy you've offered. Best of luck with your sale!

I just ordered a new fancy doodah camera. If I hadn't made that purchase I would be all over this thing. Doesn't matter if its fretted or fretless, these little bass ukes are cool. The price and return policy are great.

Good luck on your sale.

Anyone see the Best Offer that All solid mahogany U Bass (prematurely I think) on ebay for $225, needed a pickup fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom