I've made a Website - ukeofcarl.com

ukeofcarl

Reaction score
I've finally made myself a website - http://ukeofcarl.com

I've compiled together all my tabs, which you can have for free and have even composed a few ebooks, which you can't.

Please let me know what you think. I'm looking for input especially on my 'testimonials' page. If you have something you'd like to add, I'm happy to put your name in lights, or if you'd like a free copy of any of my ebooks to look at and review, then talk to me.

Thanks for all your support over the last year Undergrounders. Plenty more to come!

Nice, I just bookmarked your tumblr-page yesterday, but this is waaaaaaay better.

Thanks. It's taken me months to finally get it going. Still more work to do but I'm happy so far.

Want the tab? Contact me. My tabs are free but my time is not. All I ask is that you consider donating a little for each sheet. You don’t have to. Here’s my Paypal donate button.
I don't get it. Why have a site that offers free tabs if one has to contact you for them? Why make people jump thru hoops (and waste more of your time responding to them) to get your "free" tabs?

I'm still trying to work out the best ways to do this. This way has worked well so far on my Tumblr and it's also helped up the numbers on my mailing list. Also, I'm a social person and I've made a lot of contacts/friends this way, as opposed to just offering 'faceless' downloads. It does use up more of that aforementioned time though. Perhaps it's worth it though?

What do you think?

This way has worked well so far on my Tumblr and it's also helped up the numbers on my mailing list.
Nowhere on your site does it state that by contacting you one consents to be on your mailing list. You have no privacy policy. For all I know, you may be selling your list to spammers... er, I mean "marketing partners."

It's rather off-putting and I suspect many people (like me) would just not bother contacting you at all.

BTW, your "Classical" page consists of nothing but a screenshot from the Kala site where you were featured playing a Sesame Street song?

I did download the sample page from your Sagreras ebook and it looks to be very nicely engraved. :) What program are you using?

No, I usually ask the person if I can add them to my mailing list. It's the personal approach which I like. Is the lack of a privacy policy the thing that would put many people, like yourself, off from contacting me at all? From my side, I can't think that I've ever read a privacy policy in my life, but I appreciate that everybody is different. (EDIT - I now have a privacy policy! Thanks for the heads up).

Fixed the 'Classical' issue, thanks. As mentioned, my site was only published a few hours ago, so there will be a lot of initial teething problems.

And a compliment! I use Sibelius for all my engraving. It was the first program I was taught to use as a youngster and I've stuck with it ever since. Thank you.

EDIT - Any reply, itsme? Still interested in your opinion, especially now I've made the change.

EDIT - Still no reply from itsme. I can only assume that you are either my wife, or just petty. In fact, reading through your post again, I'm actually embarrassed on your behalf.

Last edited:
Eh up there Carl, nice job sir!! I would be interested in some of your tabs but in the videos, you play them on a Tenor uke. Are your tabs soprano friendly?

A lot are but I sometimes do some silly stretches and I've been known to get up to the 12th fret. I recommend that you have a look at what my hands are doing in the vid to get an idea. Love your vids by the way, I reckon you'd be able to play any of my arrangements in your sleep!

The jewish book- love it! Love it! Will fire up the trusty briar and obtain a copy from you sir.

Thanks! That's my personal fave. I love that style of music and struggled to find much for the uke, so I thought I'd make it myself. I plan to make many more, so many songs to choose from.

So far, so good, Carl.

Like the site and like your style re: sharing. Well done.

I sure did Carl. Took me about five download attempts, but that was simply down to my incompetence. What a charming , well presented book it is too, and those little MP3 things will be great for non-music readers too.

Nice site Carl, I like it's concise layout. Lots of good stuff in the tabs too. I don't think you'll get many requests for ' Jim'll fix it' theme though, well not from folk on this side of the pond!:p

Topical choice there! I'll see how that one goes. I was thinking of doing, 'It's Howdy Doody Time' next. Is that the American equivalent?

Top Bottom