Its a ukulele thing!

J-dawg5

Reaction score
Have you guys noticed, being a ukulele player how wanting we are? we all want that new uke, dream uke, collectors uke, even though two weeks ago we just bought the one we were dying to get. we CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH UKULELE! So then we tell people, friends, family, that we want :iwant: a another uke. Their response is always ANOTHER?????:confused: of course the answer is yes, what more could you possibly want then another ukulele. maybe other music players do this but i think its ukulele thing.

by the way i want another uke. a few actually:)
:shaka:

Maybe because they're little.
5 or 6 guitars can fill up a small room. 5 or 6 ukuleles only fills up a corner. That leaves you 3 corners to fill up with ukuleles!

I'm the same way with drum sets. You are right, much harder to find room after 3 or 4 of them build up!

Oh, it's a guitar thing, too (...sigh...).

It is a thing thing. Whatever thing someone is passionate about, has a tendency to occupy one's thoughts more than other things - sometimes to the detriment of those other things.
It is also part of the desire in many people to strive for excellence, and to mistakenly think that a better thing will make them a better thing operator. Many believe that their uke playing would be out of this world if they weren't held back by "comparatively" inferior instruments.
Same thing happens to woodworkers and their desire for "better" tools .................
Practice more and learn from those who play better than you do - this is more important than having that better instrument ..........

It's a guitar thing too. It's a dulcimer thing too. I know of folks with just as many of those as people have ukes. Ukes ARE the easier instrument to store though and they are relatively less expensive. Like the previous poster said, it's all about passion (and sickness :D).

Agreed. It's an INSTRUMENT thing. I am mainly a banjo player, with three banjos, 7 guitars, 8 ukuleles (as of today), a dulcimer, mandolin, etc. It just never ends. I have a dedicated music room where the instruments are hung up. I ran out of hangers, and am running out of wall space, and I still have more that are just sitting in their cases. It's sad :) What's even more sad is I took these pictures just last week, and it's already changed with the new addition of my Harmony Baritone.

DSCN2098.jpg

DSCN2097.jpg

DSCN2095.jpg

Dan

Top Bottom