Bootleg Capo!

UkEdman90

Reaction score
ok so i figured out a bootleg capo for thoze like me are to cheap to buy a capo!

i took a "large" clothes hanger...the ones made of wood with the sping in the middle.

like this: http://www.aeroconsystems.com/electronics/electric match making/clothespin.jpg

i put some felt on the bottom of the top wood part and hot glued it filling all the dents and elipses.

then on the bottom half i put a layer of hot glue for a little no slip area of contact. on the same bottom peie i whittled a little notch in which i took a paper clip and bent it into a L shape. i put the bottom part of the L shape into the notch and glued it in there!

i then put hot glue all over that paper clip then bent it around the neck upwards then trimmed it so it didn't stick past the finger board and BAM! home made capo with no dumb pen and rubber bands! camera broke so no pics but hopefully this was good enough

DIY capo for the non-DIYer

SS850322.jpg

SS850321.jpg

Though I'd like to get a pic of the first Capo, too (since I couldn't figure it out as you wrote it, might be because of my limited English knowledge^^), I really liked the second one! good job!

Top Bottom