FS: Vintage Martin Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

v30

Reaction score
For sale a vintage martin soprano ukulele. I'm not an expert on martin ukes but I believe this to be from the late 40's to late 50's. I say this because, it has the martin logo on the front of the headstock and no logo on the back.....and inside the soundhole its stamped, "cf martin & co narazeth pa", it doesn't have the "made in the usa" stamp.
The condition I would rate as very good for a uke of this age. Certainly it has been played and shows some play wear but it has no condition issues such as cracks or significant wear. It does sport some nicks and scratches that I captured in the pics. The fretboard is in pretty nice shape, the tuners work and the action is very low without buzzes. This is a very loud little uke with nice tone. Its extremely lightweight and when you strum it you can feel the entire uke vibrate. Asking $550 + $30 shipping to Canada or the US. Payment via paypal.

2881u0h.jpg

2442vli.jpg

35d5d09.jpg

mjsev6.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a sound sample of my stellar playing :). Its currently wearing martin m600 strings.

2ujjjsy.jpg

Last edited:
Mussssst... resist...... Wife would kill me. But I don't have a Style 0 and that one is pretty nice. Grrrrr..... Why couldn't this go up for sale sometime AFTER CHRISTMAS????

Wow Peter,
Actually I have the same uke with the same tuners and your is much better conditio than mine and sounds nicer.....I would grab it too and that is a nice price
please stop tempting me......I have go now before I jump on this one....whoever scores this is gonna be one lucky person...I would ask where did you find
this beauty at..Sorry you are selling it..but Good Luck....

Nothing sounds better than a vintage Martin... I would grab this one if I didn't already have one of my own!

I found this one on ebay. I'm into it for about another $100 over asking price so the price is pretty firm. Its a really nice little uke with super tone and volume. Hard to believe so much sound can come out of such a small body. Like I said, its been played over the last 60 years and sports a bit of honest wear but its pretty minor. Its one of the nicer ones I've seen advertised. It comes with a period brown canvas bag but I have no idea if its what martin sold these with or not. I'll post a few more pics soon and maybe another sound sample. I'm open to ship this anywhere in the world but the shipping is on your dime. I'll give the buyer a day to inspect and play it and if you are not happy with it, I'll be happy to take it back (you pay shipping).
I have a few more ukes that I will be listing soon. I've been bitten by the baritone bug lately so I may take a trade/partial trade on a pono baritone uke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom