UkeFest Virginia ♥ November 2-3 ♥ Richmond, Virginia ♥

MIM, are you going to be there on Friday, also?

Bill

The goal for me is to come on Friday at least to jam. I go to fest and vend and rarely get to really jam!!! I need me some uke jam time (provided that have what I call a dummies circle... 4 chords and easy songs... i cant keep up with the pros too good! Haha)!

Sounds awesome, I am going to see Jake S. play on Sunday at the Birchmere in Alexandria.

How many vendors are scheduled to be there?

I plan to be there my first festival...woo hoo

Can't wait!

I was there - I just wanted to give a shout out to Mim. I was the shy beginner who was kind of afraid to touch your ukes! LOL! I just wanted to say that Mim is the greatest. She is super patient, answered a ton of questions for me and really takes a lot of time setting up the ukes to make sure they are just right. So nice meeting you there!

How did it go?? I have been hoping to see some pics and hear a report. I went to 2nd grade in that building. Used to play Little League out back for years.

How did it go?? I have been hoping to see some pics and hear a report. I went to 2nd grade in that building. Used to play Little League out back for years.

I thought it went really well. I have a link to some of my pictures here -- https://plus.google.com/photos/115798300793310819948/albums/5807687340716646833. I was really busy though because the schedule was tight and I had signed up for the package deal which included three classes and 4 concerts.

I had a great time - the classes and concerts made it well worth the trip. I'm already looking forward to next year!

Last edited:

You can see lots of pics and videos from our UkeFest Virginia at our Facebook site. It was a great first ukefest for us and we are planning to do it again next year.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/rivercityuke/

Next year someone should try to get Lanikai to sponsor the festival since they are based out of Glen Allen VA. (not Hawaii as their website insinuates)

Lanikai/Hohner Inc.
(804) 515-1900
1000 Technology Park Dr, Glen Allen, VA 23059

Lanikai was involved to some extent. Ron could give you more details, but they were a vendor and there was a "Lanikai" stage. Already looking forward to next year!

Bill

Top Bottom