New Uke Day!

ogah

Reaction score
I ordered these two ukes earlier last week and was hoping to get them delievered before the weekend but, as late as friday midnight, the tracking still showed they were somewhere else.

I woke up early on Saturday.. had my breakfast then watched a movie before I tracked the parcel. Apparently, they were dropped at the post office (as I use P.O. Box) at 9 am, and by the time I realized it, the post office was closed already. What made it worse was that monday was Columbus day. So it was one of the longest weekend/holiday for me in recent years!

I got them today and I couldn't be happier. Still needs lots of tender loving care for sound opening up but they already do sound pretty good.

Custom Koa Works tenor with slotted head
I'iwi Cuban Mahogany soprano

Attachments

• SDIM4430-1.jpg
    SDIM4430-1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 120
  • SDIM4434-1.jpg
    SDIM4434-1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 117
Massive congratulations they are both beautys. I especially like the koa. What lovely grain

Sorry about the weekend wait...I know the feeling. They are beautiful. Enjoy.

Congrats on your new ukes...wow 4000+ worth of ukes...holy moly I have a koa works tenor too and
played a I'iwi too..both awesome ukes...where did you buy them from...pua pua?

Congrats. Looks wonderful. Please post more pics once you have time.

More photos please! they look awesome

Wow! Just wow! That is quite a new uke day.

Congrats on your new ukes...wow 4000+ worth of ukes...holy moly I have a koa works tenor too and
played a I'iwi too..both awesome ukes...where did you buy them from...pua pua?

Wow Stan you got every uke builder's uke..how many you have and you got to show all of them to me!
you know anybody try out Breedlove ukes yet? i kind of like the idea of the new Kim Breedlove signature model..

Last edited:
Wow they are sooooo pretty! Congratulations!

thx everyone.. :) I am still enjoying them as much as I have free time. Need to address fret wire crowning on soprano but I am really really impressed with the fret board on tenor, smooth as silk..

I got them from Shawn Y. of ukulele friend. He has been the most
patient and willing helper throughout my deal with him.

Wow Stan you got every uke builder's uke..how many you have and you got to show all of them to me!
you know anybody try out Breedlove ukes yet? i kind of like the idea of the new Kim Breedlove signature model..

Aloha Len...I have not tried the breedloves yet...but I do want to try Jamies Larivee soprano for sale.....hope she see's this...

Top Bottom