Uke Angels Strike again! Many Thanks for a beautiful instrument!

fitncrafty

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I dont know where to start, so I will probably just ramble on a bit.. As I was getting ready to head out the door for my monthly uke meet up.. I stumbled upon a package at my door... Hum...
It's addressed to me, return address Hawaii... Koaloha.. I know I didn't order this..
I anxiously and nervously opened the package to find a tiny black ukulele case carefully snuggled in a foam and bubble wrap.. Tears start welling from my eyes and my hands are just shaking as I open this case to find the most beautiful koa concert ukulele... amazing..
Off I went to uke night with new uke in hand.. feeling blessed beyond compare at the gift I have received. In awe and not sure desesrving but grateful. I will think of this blessing everytime I strum or pick a note on this instrument. I hope to someday be worthly of this beautiful instrument... And some of you have even heard me sing.. ha..
A special thanks to MM Stan for organizing, always supporting me through my uke playing challenges.. and for spreading the uke love all over the globe.. someday I will come and strum everyone of your ukes! :)
Thanks to koahola, Mark-MDS, Kurt-Ksiegel, Patrick Madsen, Monica-mo9090x, kat-Kvehe, Bo-808Boy, Dave and Mel(TCK), Alan-AlanJang, Tony-Tudorp, Jon-eugene Ukulele, David-D-mace, Dana-dk crown. I hope I didn't miss anyone..oh I did miss one. Canoelady aka Diane thank you so much... to you all over the globe, I feel honored and blessed... I hope someday to meet each one of you and continue to spread the aloha spirit..
This instrument (uke in general) has been a blessing to me in so many ways... and I am amazed at how much better I sound playing on this beautiful koaloha... amazing isn't it?
Thank you from the very bottom of my heart my friends new and old. I feel honored and blessed in so many ways and hope I can pay it forward...
Pictures to follow...

Last edited:
Yay! This thread finally happened! I learned about it after the deal went down, so I'm one of many who've been refreshing for a while, wondering when we'd see your surprise NUD! Getting a Koaloha concert is like a dream come true. But getting one as a gift, from such wonderful people.. I know there aren't words for that.

So just know we've all been whispering behind your back. We've been whispering such things like - how much you deserve it, and how awesome this is going to be. :D And now you just have to post some vids!

And also my thanks to everyone who made this happen for such a deserving UUer!

Congratulations Fitncrafty...wow wow it is beautiful..love the dark stridations on the koa...nice hard vinyl case
too..I am sure it will bring many many years of happiness..Happy Strummings ..MM

WOW! Fitncrafty that is a great story, the guys on this site are really wonderful people, in all the years that I have been using the www, I have never come across such a warm hearted, generous bunch people, good luck with your new uke, I hope you have years of great strumming with it, My family recently clubbed together to buy me a KoAloha Soprano Pikkake and it sounds so wonderful, I could never have afforded such a great uke, NJOYIO girl you deserve it

Beautiful instrument for a beautiful soul. God Bless ya...

Glad to see that this finally arrived, been excited to hear about it ever since Stan mentioned it to me. You deserve this so much, Carrie and I was glad to contribute towards it! Happy New Uke Day and enjoy that Koaloha so very much :D

Joey :music:

Congratulations Carrie! And I can't say it any better than tudorp, a beautiful instrument for a beautiful soul.

Congrats, it looks awesome and I believe it plays even better!
I like the story behind.

Wow, what a unique beauty, and the uke is gorgeous too !!!!!!!!!!!! Don't have to worry about it looking like anyone elses. Congrats! Angels indeed!

I've been sitting and keeping my mouth shut about this for over two weeks - real hard to do, seeing Carrie so often, and going over ukuleles with her at the Uke Fest in Schenectady, helping her make up her mind about a new (used) Fluke vs. new (new) Fluke, telling her husband and my wife about this and keeping them in the loop...

I'm glad it is over, and I wantt o add my thanks to everyone who contributed, and especially Stan, who was ringleader and organizer.

Hearing Carrie play the uke last night, and watching her face when she was opening the case to show it, well....

Just Joy!

Carrie koaloha1.jpgCarrie koaloha2.jpg

Light as a feather, and LOUD! And the photos just don't do it justice - it is incredibly beautiful.

SO Thanks again, everyone, and congratulations Carrie!

-Kurt​

Crying tears of happiness, no makeup today it would be a mess, you guys are so generous and kind. I feel like the luckiest person on Earth today...
I thought my luna was loud, woah, this baby can sing and ring... you can strum her and sit her down and she will just keep ringing..
Trying to play this uke quietly (while hubby sleeps, since he works graveyards now, is like trying to get a spoonful of peanut butter to not stick to the roof of your mouth... Isn't happening... I gave hubby earplugs this morning..)

The Uke really can change the world...

Beautiful uke! Beautiful gesture. You all rock!

–Lori

Aloha Carrie,
Congrats and only too happy to be a part of it. Enjoy, my friend..............................BO.......................

Top Bottom