Kanilea K-1 Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mouthy1

Reaction score
SOLD!!! Kanilea K-1 Tenor

SOLD!!! Kanilea K-1 Tenor - Serial number=1208-2920

Excellent condition with lots of flaming front and back on the satin finish. Very nice Kanilea neck and outstanding sustain and volume thanks to the SOUNDMONSTER Tru Bracing. I have played a ton of high end ukes over the years and Kanilea is still the best to me(Although Collings aint too shabby either). I did the best I could with the pictures but in person it is even more beautiful and it is truly even better sounding. This thing has more depth and complexity than any other uke I have tried(Collings aint too shabby either but lots-mo-$$$$).

Not ever planning to sell but blah blah blah...You have heard this before so I will spare you. The concert in the picture next to it isn't for sale (unless you offer something ridiculous). Sorry I didn't get a picture with name and date and can if you need me too. I have sold about 30 - 40 ukes on here so I should have some credibility by now.

I am not including a case with it but I can if you need one. It will be a Koolua and it would be $40 extra. If no case, I have a super strong box and will double box with plenty of cushion(I have done this before:))

$745 paypal'd + shipping from Seattle, WA. FYI - Shipping West Coast is usually around $20 and East Coast around $25

Here is a link to HMS on their site with a sound sample from MGM(love that guy!)
http://www.theukulelesite.com/kanilea-k1-tsf-koa-tenor-satin-finish.html

PICT0205.jpgPICT0208.jpgPICT0217.jpgPICT0218.jpgPICT0210.jpg

Last edited:
More pictures...

PICT0206.jpgPICT0211.jpgPICT0212.jpgPICT0207.jpg

The hand in the picture isn't included in the price either.

Last edited:
More pictures...

View attachment 43935View attachment 43936View attachment 43937View attachment 43938

The hand in the picture isn't included in the price either.
Even though I am not a Kanile'a fan, I will say that the only Kanile'a I would consider buying is this model. I actually love the soundmonster satin finished Kanile'a ukuleles. I have never played a dud (even though all the other kanile'a ukes I played were blahhhh).

I am tempted, but I am afraid the harsh alaskan winter will destroy this uke.

BTW-I have dealt with Mouthy1 before. Honest member. I wouldn't hesitate to buy or sell to this person at all.

Very nice of you to vouch for me Haole. I appreciate it and it is funny, each person loves a different K brand. I don't like Kamaka's at all(my own opinion and others will throw fruit at me) and KoAloha's are great but I got tired of my concert after a short time. Great sound just too harsh and bright for me. Kanilea's seem to be in the middle between the very mellow Kamaka and the very bright KoAloha's. Oh, and the satin finish is pretty darn cool!

Very nice of you to vouch for me Haole. I appreciate it and it is funny, each person loves a different K brand. I don't like Kamaka's at all(my own opinion and others will throw fruit at me) and KoAloha's are great but I got tired of my concert after a short time. Great sound just too harsh and bright for me. Kanilea's seem to be in the middle between the very mellow Kamaka and the very bright KoAloha's. Oh, and the satin finish is pretty darn cool!

It really is. When I went back to Hawaii, I wanted a K brand uke so bad. I had a little bit of money saved up (not enough to buy one but I figured...used:)) I went everywhere and played so many Kanile'a ukes. None fancied me. I played a few kamaka ukes as well and had previously played some. Not wowed but I do like the heritage of the kamaka. Then I went to a uke store in Waimanalo and found a soundmonster. The satin finsish drew my attention b/c I prefer a satin or light gloss finish. I was blown away. OF the 100 or so Kanile'a ukes I played, I wanted this uke. THen I got to play a few more once I returned.
One day I will own one of these soundmonsters. No other Kanile'a but I do want one of these.

Please PM me a cash price picked up locally (Im in Everett, WA).

Thanks, Bill

Got them both... :cool:

I will call you next week when we are both back in town.

Thanks, Bill

Is this still for sale?

Hi Stubin, did I sell that ohana to you a while back?

Uke is still for sale!

Hi,
I bought it from another UUer who's name escapes me now, he lived in San Fernando Valley, I'm in West LA.
anyway I like that Kanilea T you have there, very nice. Will PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom