Ukuleles for Rural Students in Thailand!

Ukulelefalang

Reaction score
Hello fellow ukers!

My name is Will Corbin, I have been living and ukeing in Thailand now for many years, and I am the Thailand ukulele co-champion of 2011!

Now I am working on a project to bring ukuleles to rural communities in Thailand. This is a project which is coordinated through the Mechai Viravaidya Foundation, aiming to raise educational standards in rural parts of Thailand.

I have set up a crowdfunding campaign for this project here:
http://www.indiegogo.com/ruralthaiukuleles

You all can help me by donating any small amount you would like! This will go to the cost of the ukuleles. We have already set up one ukulele band successfully, the MPS Bamboo Band (officially Thailand's biggest ukulele band with 28 members!!)
You can see their Youtube link on the campaign website.

Please help me spread uke fever to students who don't otherwise have the opportunity to experience the joy of learning how to play an instrument due to lack of resources and support!

Thanks!

-Will Corbin

Is it just me? The website seems to suggest it takes paypal, but I can't seem to make it take paypal.... Suggestions?

Doesn't Falang is a rip on the american word foreign??? in thai..

Falang or farang means "foreigner" in Thai, doesn't matter how long you've been there or how well you speak Thai, you will always be refered to as a farang if you are white in Thailand. They don't mean anything negative by it, it's just descriptive.

Hey, I just checked into this - it should be resolved now if you would like to contribute with paypal! Sorry for the hiccup....

Top Bottom