Ukulele Buzzing

BBoyBoboy

Reaction score
Hi, new here...
So, I've had my ukulele (Lanikai LU-11) for about a year now.
I've accidentally dropped it at one point on concrete (fretboard down), and now it has a strange buzzing sound.

The ukulele now ALWAYS buzzes now whenever I play, open and otherwise.

I've checked the fretboard, none of the strings are hitting the board or the other frets whenever I pluck and the nuts on the tuners are nice and tight, and there are no cracks on the surface after the drop either.

What do you guys suggest what could be the problem, before I bring it to the shop to get it fixed?

Could be one or several of the frets are slightly loose from the impact. Try to press down at the end of each fret to see if any move.

Could be one or several of the frets are slightly loose from the impact. Try to press down at the end of each fret to see if any move.
I agree. I agree.

Check the tuners

Hi, new here...
I've checked the fretboard, none of the strings are hitting the board or the other frets whenever I pluck and the nuts on the tuners are nice and tight, and there are no cracks on the surface after the drop either.

Check the tuners again: Are they tightly fitted and is there any slack on the axle (or what ever the correct term is)?
My 2 year old son played with my (well, most of the time his) LU-11 and dropped it a few times.
It also had buzzing and I noticed annoying slack in two of the tuners, both on the same side (probably the one that took the hit).

Replaced the problematic tuners with new ones and buzz is gone (I used friction tuners as replacement, uke looks a bit weird now having geared on one side and friction on the other.....)

Top Bottom