New Uke Day...kinda!

joeybug

Reaction score
Hey everyone :D

So, I got up this morning ready to get a lot of things done, like revision and such and then the post came and I saw that there was a package for me from Lori at Uke Leash. Now this confused me because I haven't had a new Uke in over a year and I therefore hadn't ordered any headstock straps or leashes or anything Uke related at all.

So, I opened it, wondering what on earth it could be and inside were TWO Ukes!!!!!

They're tiny, smaller than even the smallest soparnoinno (or how eve that is spelt) and have no strings, but are the loveliest shade of turquoise.

They're also earings, and I LOVE them! As well as the Ukes I got a circle of Fifths diagram that Lori has been making. There was no note in the package, just a strip on the wrapping that said:

"Get well soon Joey, from your UU friends!!!"

So, I don't know who else was involved other than Lori but it really has made my day. I'm wearing them now and when my carer has a moment I'll get her to take photos. I think these will become my good luck earings that I wear all the time and on special occasions!

So, heartfelt THANKS to everyone involved, you guys seem to know the perfect time for something to arrive, this week has not been good for a number of reasons and getting something like this in the post reminds me that there are good people out there!

Joey :music:

What a wonderful surprise! Congrats on your mini-ukes (micro-ukes?). I can hardly wait for the modeling photos!

Congrats joey..I got the circle of 5ths too..trying so hard to learn it...enjoy those earrings, I love them... yay for happy mail day...

Photos!!

Here's a close up of one of them:
UkuleleEarrings001.jpg

And here's a very happy Joey wearing them:
UkuleleEarrings002.jpg

Absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful surprise.

Woo Hoo the UU angels have struck again..wish I knew about this and I would have definetely contributed.
Thank you Lori and the gang, for your warm and generous hearts...and Joey for sharing the awesome story...broke out my kleenex again..I think I may have to buy a bigger box of them..

Wow! What a wonderful surprise for you, Joey! What a fitting accessory for you. And thanks, Lori, for your generosity! I saw these mini-ukes at the Wine Country Ukulele Festival (where I also had the great pleasure of visiting with Lori and her husband). I like the ones with low g tuning better, but they're all beautiful and special in their own way! I hope you don't now get UEAS (ukulele earring acquisition syndrome). After all, they do come in different colors. :)

How cute! Happy healing, I can tell they made you feel better!

I hope you don't now get UEAS (ukulele earring acquisition syndrome). After all, they do come in different colors. :)

You really shouldn't have said that! Now I need purple ones ;)

Thanks everyone, and thanks again, Lori...they're just the right size that I can wear them with my CPAP mask and then not get caught..YAY!!

You really shouldn't have said that! Now I need purple ones ;)

Thanks everyone, and thanks again, Lori...they're just the right size that I can wear them with my CPAP mask and then not get caught..YAY!!

I didn't see purple on Lori's site, I looked! :)

I didn't see purple on Lori's site, I looked! :)

I don't have purple mirror ear rings yet. It is because my supplier didn't have any small sheets and I would have to order a large 4 x 8 foot sheet. I don't have enough room to store all that acrylic material even if it is cut down to a smaller size. Someday, I will have a larger shop. I do have another acrylic variation that I haven't photographed yet.... sparkly (looks like glitter) kelly green.

–Lori

I don't have purple mirror ear rings yet. It is because my supplier didn't have any small sheets and I would have to order a large 4 x 8 foot sheet. I don't have enough room to store all that acrylic material even if it is cut down to a smaller size. Someday, I will have a larger shop. I do have another acrylic variation that I haven't photographed yet.... sparkly (looks like glitter) kelly green.

–Lori

That would make a lot of earrings Lori!

What a nice surprise. Those are lovely indeed the perfect
gift for a ukelele player.

Top Bottom