George Formby's "With My Little Ukulele in My Hand" - JOHNNY FOODSTAMP

If I close my eyes it's like George is in the room with me!!;)

Thanks a lot all!!!! Barefootgypsy - I sent you a message on youtube about my tentative itinerary while in blackpool next june! Sawyer Banjouke - Thanks for watching! Maybe by Christmas I'll have gone full fu manchu!!!!!! Ted4 - That is one heck of a nice compliment!!!! Now if I could just pull off a decent Lancashire accent..... :)

FitnCrafty - Thanks much! I haven't been posting as much lately. Just been practicing I suppose... :) And Mr. Barmcake - Thanks a lot! I do consider you the authority on such matters! :p

FitnCrafty - Thanks much! I haven't been posting as much lately. Just been practicing I suppose... :) And Mr. Barmcake - Thanks a lot! I do consider you the authority on such matters! :p

Oh aye, you may not have the same accent as me and George, but you've a belting technique and a cracking voice!

In light of this, on behalf of the town council and the women's guild, I'm upgrading this vid from BELTING to PROPER CHAMPION! :D

Now if I could just pull off a decent Lancashire accent..... :)

Don't do it!!!! I love your stuff because you capture the essence of George, but you don't do an impression. We've already had a George Formby-- we still need a Johnny Foodstamp!

Don't do it!!!! I love your stuff because you capture the essence of George, but you don't do an impression. We've already had a George Formby-- we still need a Johnny Foodstamp!

Lol. Well said! I have that accent already - I'm scared of competition.

I've said before, that whole 'twang' in your style shines through Johnny. Don't change it Sir! :)

Oh aye, you may not have the same accent as me and George, but you've a belting technique and a cracking voice!

In light of this, on behalf of the town council and the women's guild, I'm upgrading this vid from BELTING to PROPER CHAMPION! :D

Thats it! You heard it here first ladies and gentlemen!!!!! Thanks Barry!

Good point RichM and thank you for saying that too! :) I was just kidding though. Even if I could pull off a proper Lancashire accent (which I never could in a million years) I don't think I would do it. It took me this long just to learn how to sing like me. I can't start all over again... :p

Top Bottom