2nd Uke

generr

Reaction score
My 3-week old uke had a problem - the c string was popping off the nut when plucked a bit loudly. Rather then send it back, I took it to a local music shop that advertised that they do repairs, (no authorized repair shops near me). The young man at the counter said the problem was that the strings were put on incorrectly. "The thickest strings go at the top," he says. I left there quickly and ended up returning the uke for a refund. I liked the uke and was offered a replacement, but was leery that I'd get the same kind of defect?

I'm now waiting on another beginner concert uke, but this time I ordered from HMS. After reading through the various forums here it seemed like the right thing to do.

Good luck. I am certain that you will be very pleased with the uke from HMS.. I am sure it is hard to wait.. What did you get?

I bought a beginner Makala Concert, and opted for the Aquila strings. The one I returned was a Lanikai LU-21C. And yes, I can't wait to begin torturing my fingers again! LOL

Nice.. I am sure with the setup it will be a lot of fun to play..torture of the fingers no.. it's just getting them stronger.. Sure you are not excited about the wait. I hope your new uke comes fast

Top Bottom