PDA

View Full Version : Am I Mad ... and if so..... How long will the madness last ??

fxrskrsa
10-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Just purchased a second soprano uke... I love the first one... but felt the need for another one... Is this an infectious disease...if so, is it airborne or is physical contact required. Have made an appointment with my GP but will happily take a second opinion from your good selves. Picture of new acquisition below (actually its winging its way by fed ex) ;)

Pukulele Pete
10-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Wow , is that a Gibson ? Looks nice. Yes , it sounds like you have UAS . I've heard there is no cure.

fxrskrsa
10-10-2012, 11:56 AM
UAS ??? Is that the term I have to use with my GP ?? surely there is some kind of ointment ?? (btw I love the word ointment.. it rolls off the tongue )

Tudorp
10-10-2012, 11:58 AM
It is spread by direct contact of a uke. If you are exposed to the virus known as UAS, sorry, it is terminal with no cure. You will take it to the grave... with a smile on your face though.. ;)

BTW: your prognosis is 60-120 years. Most with the desese does not live past 120 years old. Sorry..

fxrskrsa
10-10-2012, 12:04 PM
If I wear rubber gloves.. will I get better ?? If not... Im guessing I will have to have a viking funeral, and be pushed out to sea in a large flaming Ukulele shaped boat

Pukulele Pete
10-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome . I don't think the ointment goes on your tongue , that may be why it rolls off.

RichM
10-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Look at my sig, below. Do you think it gets better?

fxrskrsa
10-10-2012, 12:08 PM
I bought the new Uke from elderly instruments.. they have been good at communicating.. Am looking forward to its arrival

soupking
10-10-2012, 12:09 PM

Rich, you actually had it under control for a while there before totally spiraling out of control. Haha. You and I are on the same trajectory at the moment. I'm in dire need of selling a few off, myself.

fxrskrsa
10-10-2012, 12:12 PM
But how did it spread to this side of the pond ???? surely it would have been picked up at Border Control !!

Pukulele Pete
10-10-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm up to 14 , just don't let my wife know.

Hippie Dribble
10-10-2012, 12:14 PM

would love to see some pics of your Toby Chennell Rich... :drool:

fxrskrsa
10-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Is there a support line I can call... I may wake up in a cold sweat and need to purge my sins !!!

Cornfield
10-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Ukes are fun and can be relatively inexpensive. Being so small, it's easy to haul more than one to a sing around or open mike. Enjoy the passion :)

RichM
10-10-2012, 12:32 PM
would love to see some pics of your Toby Chennell Rich... :drool:

Sure, your wish is my command... here are Toby's photos of it:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tobias.chennell/twotonesheet.jpg

Wongo
10-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Maybe it's time they start putting health warning on all new ukuleles.

Uncle Leroy
10-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Just keep on buying the little critters till the madness subsides...........

Tudorp
10-10-2012, 01:15 PM
The new label that the government will require to be placed on the back of each ukulele sold as soon as it is approved by the Dept. of Homeland Security.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Tudorp/warning.jpg

Lori
10-10-2012, 03:46 PM
The good news is that it is easily managed with applications of ukuleles. You can actually live a normal, productive life with UAS, if you stay within your means. Some people sell one off before they buy another to keep the herd down (or appease a spouse). It's way cheaper than a lot of other addictions.

–Lori

Tudorp
10-10-2012, 04:12 PM
I hear that the pharmaceutical industry has a Uke Patch in the pipeline awaiting FDA approval. It is rumored to help with the outbreak urges. I am signed up to be a part of the human study group.

Kurtski
10-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I am needing some kind of 12 step program I think. It started innocently enough with the purchase of a Fender tenor, kinda plain but decently playable for $100 with a soft case. I then "won" a Lanikai baritone with fret issues which I setup to also play nicely and it even had a really glossy spruce front, even a better bargain than the fender, 39 plus 15 shipping. There is a secondary infection which results in a raging desire to build my own. Less than a year from the first outbreak, the count is up to 5 home builts and 5 purchased. I found myself bidding and winning 2 Lanikai concert blems from Butler music for 14 each that needed setup, late at night compulsion, but turned out to be very nice ukes. Built a bari, an 8 string traveler, 2 tenor 6's, and a rosewood tenor 4 gCEA. My builds sound very good and are playable, which only makes the impulse more intense. My shop is now buried in backs, fronts, necks, and bridges and various pieces of wood that I can't
stop aquiring. I always smell heavily of tru oil. My boogers are technicolor. I'm also addicted to UU.

OldePhart
10-11-2012, 08:02 AM
...My boogers are technicolor...

This might be just a tad more than we needed to know... :biglaugh:

Freeda
10-11-2012, 08:18 AM
I find that it waxes and wanes over time. I'm about 8 months in and *knock on wood* pretty happy with what I have. Of course, it took about a dozen ukes to get there....

000Kanaka000
10-11-2012, 08:50 AM
You are now singing the Ukelele Blues - am still working on the lyrics but you can see
where am coming from in this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJEqhPYgemU

Just purchased a second soprano uke... I love the first one... but felt the need for another one... Is this an infectious disease...if so, is it airborne or is physical contact required. Have made an appointment with my GP but will happily take a second opinion from your good selves. Picture of new acquisition below (actually its winging its way by fed ex) ;)

fxrskrsa
10-11-2012, 09:11 AM
My wife heard that one ... and s******ed in a manic way.... If you don't receive any further notices from me... Call the FBI and tell them to dig my garden up....
Just keep on buying the little critters till the madness subsides...........

peaceweaver3
10-11-2012, 09:24 AM
If I wear rubber gloves.. will I get better ?? If not... Im guessing I will have to have a viking funeral, and be pushed out to sea in a large flaming Ukulele shaped boat
That's right. And also explains why I've been looking at boats lately... :D

vanflynn
10-11-2012, 09:30 AM
But how did it spread to this side of the pond ???? surely it would have been picked up at Border Control !!

Unfortunately UAS can spread from visual contact of certain ukuleles. Different ukes affect people differently so it is tought to prevent.