Am I Mad ... and if so..... How long will the madness last ??

Wailing

Reaction score
Just purchased a second soprano uke... I love the first one... but felt the need for another one... Is this an infectious disease...if so, is it airborne or is physical contact required. Have made an appointment with my GP but will happily take a second opinion from your good selves. Picture of new acquisition below (actually its winging its way by fed ex) ;)

Attachments

• Front2012-10-09 at 00.24.37.jpg
    Front2012-10-09 at 00.24.37.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 87
Wow , is that a Gibson ? Looks nice. Yes , it sounds like you have UAS . I've heard there is no cure.

UAS ??? Is that the term I have to use with my GP ?? surely there is some kind of ointment ?? (btw I love the word ointment.. it rolls off the tongue )

It is spread by direct contact of a uke. If you are exposed to the virus known as UAS, sorry, it is terminal with no cure. You will take it to the grave... with a smile on your face though.. ;)

BTW: your prognosis is 60-120 years. Most with the desese does not live past 120 years old. Sorry..

Last edited:
If I wear rubber gloves.. will I get better ?? If not... Im guessing I will have to have a viking funeral, and be pushed out to sea in a large flaming Ukulele shaped boat

Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome . I don't think the ointment goes on your tongue , that may be why it rolls off.

Look at my sig, below. Do you think it gets better?

Rich, you actually had it under control for a while there before totally spiraling out of control. Haha. You and I are on the same trajectory at the moment. I'm in dire need of selling a few off, myself.

Ukes are fun and can be relatively inexpensive. Being so small, it's easy to haul more than one to a sing around or open mike. Enjoy the passion :)

would love to see some pics of your Toby Chennell Rich... :drool:

Sure, your wish is my command... here are Toby's photos of it:

twotonesheet.jpg

Maybe it's time they start putting health warning on all new ukuleles.

Just keep on buying the little critters till the madness subsides...........

The new label that the government will require to be placed on the back of each ukulele sold as soon as it is approved by the Dept. of Homeland Security.

warning.jpg

Attachments

• warning.jpg
    warning.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1
The good news is that it is easily managed with applications of ukuleles. You can actually live a normal, productive life with UAS, if you stay within your means. Some people sell one off before they buy another to keep the herd down (or appease a spouse). It's way cheaper than a lot of other addictions.

–Lori

I hear that the pharmaceutical industry has a Uke Patch in the pipeline awaiting FDA approval. It is rumored to help with the outbreak urges. I am signed up to be a part of the human study group.

Top Bottom