Hawaii Music Supply ukes on display

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I just got home from Hawaii this morning and since this is my first stop back at a computer, I wanted to post a photo I took at Hawaii Music Supply around a week ago.

The drive up there was long since the bridge was out, but Mike was very sweet and the ukes are quite something. It took all I could to refrain from buying one.

For those that have not ventured up to the North Shore, this is just a small sampling of what they have to offer at HMS.

That is Mike in the corner. :)
hawaiimusicsupply.jpg

Holy cow...it might be worth airfare from DFW just to set foot in there... ;)

Okay...that's something new on my bucket list. How sad is it that visiting Hawaii again wasn't on my bucket list (haven't been there since 2nd grade) but visiting HMS is? LOL

John

Great picture..i was there and maybe played/touched every uke in there Lol..did you get some shave ice at Matsumoto store? The Ukulele Site(aka HMS) got to be one of the best uke stores around..

Last edited:
Whoa!!!!!! Vertigo. :) Thanks Staci. HMS looks like an awesome store. Congrats Andrew, and Mike.

Staci, how long is the bridge out? I'll be there next week. I might have to go up the windward side to get there!

Staci, how long is the bridge out? I'll be there next week. I might have to go up the windward side to get there!

dont go through the Kailua side going to take you longer..call Mike at the store he will give you great advice

it is going to be awhile just dont go through Wahiawa>> go past Scoffield Barracks to Haleiwa..just check your maps..might be Hwy 99 i think.. they are doing some kind of repair..sometimes no delays..

Wow, I didn't realize you can shoot so wide on them.

Yeah, they shoot panorama shots now.

Great picture..i was there and maybe played/touched every uke in there Lol..did you get some shave ice at Matsumoto store? The Ukulele Site(aka HMS) got to be one of the best uke stores around..

Nope, I didn't get a chance to. :(

This article from the Star Advertiser back in mid-Sept. said it was for six weeks.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/170133536.html?id=170133536

It was worth the drive, but the traffic was awful. Have fun. :)

Aloha Staci,
Mahalo for posting. I go there everytime I'm in Honolulu, most of the times just to look and feel the uke atmosphere and to talk story with Mic.
@ Ronnie, you can go past Schofield Barracks and take the road to Waialua. Don't know the name of the road but it's very winedy, be careful. Then follow the signs to Haleiwa. Have fun Bruddah. Do you have Stans' number? If not, PM me......................................BO...............................

Yep. Stellar photo. Quite a nirvana.

Yes don't pass through Waihiawa...when we used to be kids...the grading on the bridge use to make the tires hum...so we'd always call it airplane bridge as kids....
yes thank you for the photo....mike and andrew are both a gem and so is the HMS.... have a great vacation....

Thanks Bo. I don't remember the last time I was in Waialua! Might have been for a football game back in high school!!! I checked the map. It's the 803 road. Not sure if I'll have time to stop by since I'll only be in Hawai'i for three days (two full).

Last edited:
Great, great photo...

Top Bottom