"Don't Think Twice It's Alright" (baritone)

For fear of sounding like a broken record. another hit Jon... Love what you did to your uke..
I couldn't play like that with my eyes closed.. Oh wait, I can't play like that with them open either! :)
Thanks for another great video performance...

Hey Eugene.....man what a great job on a great song!!
You got it going on!!!

thanakyou folks for the generous comments.

thanks William and Carrie for the kind comments about the handpainted uke. I love this instrument and it may be the best value 100 dollars i ever spent

yes estreya I know Greg Brown. I have several of his albums, thankyou for the comparison, that's really sweet of you. One of his labelmates at red House Records is also a fave of mine...Lucy Kaplansky..you probably know of her too

I did this for the 34th season of uke, but I also have another version on yootoob which I did about a year ago...on a soprano...totally different sound and in a different key. You probably worked out I'm pretty gone on this song eh :)

again, thankyou all

Fantastic :)

1962. Bob Dylan.

right up there with my fave Dylan songs, I hit #200 today when I recorded this one on my newly 'renovated' cheapo bari. Thanks for watching friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hALgPHSkSg

Aloha Eugene,
Love the folky fluidty of this song and the baritone fits it well.....true and uke does it for me.
I also use the double tempo technique...strum and pick with my index and secondary strum
with ring finger...awesome job bruddah...lovely...

you deliver this song so well, Jon - one of your best. I was worried when I saw this that you might have deleted the soprano take you did last fall, but glad to see it's still there - I had just listened to it a few days ago.... it's one of your cuts on my go to 'listen' playlist on YT and (along with 'Old Grey Mule') is probably my favorite of your videos. The new recording is just as good and the baritone sounds great with your voice..... keep em coming on that beautifully decorated machine of yours....

Is it me or does that bari sound more folky with the new paint job?

Great as always Jon, thanks for sharing

Aloha Eugene,
Love the folky fluidty of this song and the baritone fits it well.....true and uke does it for me.
I also use the double tempo technique...strum and pick with my index and secondary strum
with ring finger...awesome job bruddah...lovely...
thanks a lot Stan
A terrific song for your voice. Congrats on the 200 vids. That's a lot.
cheers and thanks for all the encouraging words Ken...your turn now
you deliver this song so well, Jon - one of your best. I was worried when I saw this that you might have deleted the soprano take you did last fall, but glad to see it's still there - I had just listened to it a few days ago.... it's one of your cuts on my go to 'listen' playlist on YT and (along with 'Old Grey Mule') is probably my favorite of your videos. The new recording is just as good and the baritone sounds great with your voice..... keep em coming on that beautifully decorated machine of yours....
thanks so much brother. will do. dropped the tuning back for this one and yeah, I reckon this baritone sounds way better than the price I paid for it mate
Is it me or does that bari sound more folky with the new paint job?

Great as always Jon, thanks for sharing
cheers Jim, it sounds like no other bari I've played, it's such a sweet sound but quite punchy if you dig in a bit. Just wish I knew what kinda strings they use for these tanglewoods...they're the same stock ones it came with...a re-entrant G tuning set
Wow, this one is superb, even in the eugene ukulele league! :)

thanks so much you guys!

Top Bottom