Cool Little Amp

Thats 30 amps at 12 volts take some heavy duty batteries!

Thats 30 amps at 12 volts take some heavy duty batteries!

That's at peak output, I wonder what it pulls at "normal" levels. You still could make a nice little 110v set up with this and a small mixer. Two mains, one or two monitors, a couple of condenser mics..... I think I am able to see the future...yes, yes....Ouch!! (That's my wife hitting me in the head in the future).

I like Behringer's mics (I have 5 of them) and their Xenyx mixers (I've had 2 and will soon get another) - real bargain stuff. They also do a nice, cheap little DI box that I've used.

Their amplifiers and effects haven't impressed quite so much. Behringer have an annoying habit in some amp ads etc of only quoting peak power which can be misleading. One of my bandmates has one of B's acoustic combos... Very limited features and mediocre sound.

Their stomp boxes seem a little fragile and unreliable. I have experienced the early failure of a guitar EQ, a delay and a flanger. That said, my oldest Behringer pedal is a distortion that's still going strong.

When they are good Behringer are excellent value. When their QC falls down then the darned stuff fails while you're using it, which is annoying at best.

To bring some balance - I've used various bits of Behringer over the years - not the best quality control in the world, and bits I have used have been noisy.

Top Bottom