Kanilea K1 Tenor

The Big Kahuna

Reaction score
Utterly mental looking Koa, gloss finish. $ 1100 inc case at Scotty's in Kalaheo.

Should I snatch his hand off ?

Utterly mental looking Koa, gloss finish. $ 1100 inc case at Scotty's in Kalaheo.

Should I snatch his hand off ?

Abso-freakin-lutely!! And Scotty's is a pleasure to deal with. I was there last month. Wish I could be there again!

Kanile'a ukes are gorgeous and sound great. No reason not to pull the trigger on one. Yes, play as many brands as you can and pick the one you like the best. Have fun on your vacation.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be able to actually get to see and play so many Hawaiian Ukes, bet your like a kid in a sweet shop! In my opinion Kanile'a Ukes are pretty dam good, I have a KT1 but would love to have one of the high end ones with all that sexy Curley Koa, I know looks don't make them sound any better but man they look so so good!

Superb ukes - you will have no regrets at all.

I bought one there at Scotty's in May. Kanilea K1 Tenor with mega awesome koa!

In fact when I was there, I may have tried that one out, as there was a new shipment, and about 3 to choose from. Once you play it, you'll understand the awesome resonance these ukes have.

Buy it. We paid about the same price for mine. I do not regret it AT ALL! It is an awesome uke.

Here is a photo of mine on the beach in Poipu. Please post one of yours after you buy it! :)
Cheers,
Skottoman

kanilea_2.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe after I've bought one!

Seriously though, Mrs Kahuna has given me the go-ahead on one, and they're damn pretty.

Any reason NOT to pull the trigger on one ?

Do it man!!!!!! You know you want to.... and the Mrs. has given the green light, WOW

If you really have to analyze it, it's not the right thing, right now. But if the feeling is really "Wow, yeah it's mine already," then that's the feeling to have and this is the thing to do. So, for yourself, which is it?

I'd try to play as many tenors as you can, but if you know this is the one, then you already know the answer. :) I'm not seeing a downside to my k1 superconcert...

Do it

You won't get a better price for a new one. Since you're headed back to England make sure you get the wood case not just the hard foam one. Kanilea ukes are the best looking of the K's.

I would absolutely grab it. BUY IT! :) And be sure to post some pics for us when you do.

And if you do decide to buy it, try some Living Water strings on it when you get home. I have found they are wonderful on my Kanilea, they seem to be a great match for that brand of uke.

Mine is a K-1 Premium... I'm sure that's what you're looking at..

I think you'll kick yourself if you don't buy it, and get all the way back to England.
Taking it home will be the best momento you could have! Toss a pinch of sand it it from the beach while you're at it. :)

Cheers,
Skottoman

K1 Premium with case at that price? I thought it was just a regular K1. Hand over the CC and take that sucker home!

Top Bottom