Folks that use Aquila Nylgut

Ukulele_Junkie

Reaction score
Hi I need some help, I wanted to try to give Aquila Nylgut a second chance again and I got me a pack.

I set it up and everything, but for the people that use aquila nylgut do they take awhile to settle in, becuz they seem to distend equally which is alright instead of being badly outta tune, but how long does it take for u guys to have it at a steady tuning for more than a few mins?

hmm the last time I tried them probably took a few songs worth.

I just kept playing and when I heard it start to untune I just raise it a bit. kept on playing.

aight cool thanks for the input guys, its good for now, still sounds good when played but goes down a few notes after a bit of playing, only concern is i won't have enough tuner peg to keep twisting it if it keeps continuing, doubt that'll happen tho. i still have the extra string length anywayz

Need to be careful with these on the tenors you an snap them pretty quick if you bring the tension up to fast.

Also you can and it sounds weird boil them ahead of time and that can help the tuning process. Not tried this yet, allegedly you can also boil them after a good amount of time to bring back the nice shimmery sound. Off the uke of cours.

wow boiling, sounds weird i'll try to look up more into that before i try it, but yeah i noticed these aquila's are really stretchy haha would suck if one snapped back at u. big ass whip lash mark, like scarface.

wow boiling, sounds weird i'll try to look up more into that before i try it, but yeah i noticed these aquila's are really stretchy haha would suck if one snapped back at u. big ass whip lash mark, like scarface.

actually its not so bad. i had one snap on me once. they stretch, but they dont retract so quickly.

They will get you in the eye every now and then. So wear glasses or put on a set of saftey goggles. Strings are cheaper then eyes.

The boiling thing comes from changing strings around like mad trying to find what fits a uke best.

aquilas

I find they usually take a week of playing at 2 hours a day before they settle in and stay tuned... JMHO

Play Play Play on. Then play some more.

Top Bottom