My song about Paris

Dougf

Reaction score
With some photos and video from my vacation.

PeteyHoudini suggested I write this song, thanks Petey!

Ah Paris, les lumières et les sons de l'arôme, Ah Paris
Merci pour l'élaboration de cette chanson, très agréable.

Lovely original tune and video!

Thanks for the cool shots of Paris.

salut!

Petey

PS: I recommend you post the French lyrics in the song's description. :cool:

Très jolie chanson et belles images.
Bravo !

Merci, Val, j'aime bien que ça vous plait.

Very nice, you should come to Munich for another European song!;)

I would love to do that, Munich is another great city! Aber mein deutsch ist nicht gut. Perhaps you can write the lyrics. :)

Lovely tune with great photos and video!

Thanks, it certainly beats watching me play uke. :)

Ah Paris, les lumières et les sons de l'arôme, Ah Paris
Merci pour l'élaboration de cette chanson, très agréable.

Merci, c'était aussi un plaisir de le faire.

Lovely original tune and video!

Thanks for the cool shots of Paris.

salut!

Petey

PS: I recommend you post the French lyrics in the song's description. :cool:

Of course, it wouldn't have happened without your little nudge, I really appreciate it. And I just added the lyrics, although, not being a native french speaker, I'm afraid there may be some grammatical errors. And they may be a bit corny and overly sentimental, but I have a good excuse -- I love Paris, and my french is not so good. :) Anyway, here they are, fautes de grammaire et tout ça.

Paris, quelle belle fleur
toujours dans mon coeur
les très beaux jardins
et les petits coins
Paris, une ville magnifique

Paris, quel bijou
Les étoiles sont tombées en dessous
commes des beaux diamants
et les rêves des amants
Paris, plus belle ville romantique

Ville Lumière, des cafés en plein air
je bois l'ambiance
je suis à toi dans les plus beaux endroits
je respire l'évanescence

Paris, quelle belle fleur
toujours dan mon coeur
dans la nuit parisienne
mon amour, que je t'aime
Paris, plus belle ville romantique

Sur les rives de la Seine
dans la nuit parisienne
Vraiment une ville magnifique

So many memories of my summer in Paris are flooding back...j'aime ca!
Oui, c'est tres manifique et toujours dans mon coeur aussi.
Ton chanson est belle.

Very lovely song, Doug.

Paris is my favorite city in the world, and the name is part of several of my passwords. I recognized most of the locations of your images, and it made me triste that it's been two years since my last visit.

Of course, it wouldn't have happened without your little nudge, I really appreciate it. And I just added the lyrics, although, not being a native french speaker, I'm afraid there may be some grammatical errors. And they may be a bit corny and overly sentimental, but I have a good excuse -- I love Paris, and my french is not so good. :) Anyway, here they are, fautes de grammaire et tout ça.

The text looks pretty good to me. Well, I'm glad I could help see the song to fruition. Vive Paris! I'm an English Canadian and I speak French every day at work so I'm lucky to live in Canada so I could learn French well. I've been twice to Northern France and never to Paris. Lately, I've spent my last three vacations in Berlin, Germany! I'm still struggling with my German despite having taken many German courses at university eons ago. hehe cheers! Petey

PS: If you want to practise your French, join the French ukulele forum. http://www.ukulele.fr/forum/

Last edited:
So many memories of my summer in Paris are flooding back...j'aime ca!
Oui, c'est tres manifique et toujours dans mon coeur aussi.
Ton chanson est belle.

Merci, Myrna, I'd love to see some of your vacation photos, and of course, with a little ukulele soundtrack!

Very lovely song, Doug.

Paris is my favorite city in the world, and the name is part of several of my passwords. I recognized most of the locations of your images, and it made me triste that it's been two years since my last visit.

Thanks, Ginny. No other city in the world is in the same class as Paris. Sure, there are some great cities, but only one Paris.

The text looks pretty good to me. Well, I'm glad I could help see the song to fruition. Vive Paris! I'm an English Canadian and I speak French every day at work so I'm lucky to live in Canada so I could learn French well. I've been twice to Northern France and never to Paris. Lately, I've spent my last three vacations in Berlin, Germany! I'm still struggling with my German despite having taken many German courses at university eons ago. hehe cheers! Petey

PS: If you want to practise your French, join the French ukulele forum. http://www.ukulele.fr/forum/

I really should have had you proof my first draft, but, oh well. Maybe we should collab on something. I'll be in Leipzig Nov 2 & 3, (business conference Nov 4 & 5), if it works out, let's get together. I'll buy you dinner, and we can jam at my hotel or something.

I really should have had you proof my first draft, but, oh well. Maybe we should collab on something. I'll be in Leipzig Nov 2 & 3, (business conference Nov 4 & 5), if it works out, let's get together. I'll buy you dinner, and we can jam at my hotel or something

Hi Doug, I don't think I will be going back to Germany until 2014! I've got a lot of songs to finish/record these days and I'm having trouble focusing on them. No real time for colloborations when I can't get my own stuff done. I recently heard the universe is speeding up as it expands... I'm feeling like the clock is ticking faster while the Andromeda galaxy is getting closer! hehe Anyway, all this Paris song stuff made me compose a Paris ditty called "Paris in the 20s." Here's an excerpt. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3tJxFMxibg I will finish it over the next two weeks. Salut, mon pote!

Hi Doug, I don't think I will be going back to Germany until 2014! I've got a lot of songs to finish/record these days and I'm having trouble focusing on them. No real time for colloborations when I can't get my own stuff done. I recently heard the universe is speeding up as it expands... I'm feeling like the clock is ticking faster while the Andromeda galaxy is getting closer! hehe Anyway, all this Paris song stuff made me compose a Paris ditty called "Paris in the 20s." Here's an excerpt. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3tJxFMxibg I will finish it over the next two weeks. Salut, mon pote!

Yeah, I was thinking you might still be in Berlin.

Very cool idea for a song, I love those old photos. Not sure what the dancing guy has to do with it, but it is strangely compelling to watch. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

Yeah, I was thinking you might still be in Berlin.

Very cool idea for a song, I love those old photos. Not sure what the dancing guy has to do with it, but it is strangely compelling to watch. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

Funny, another old friend of mine thought I was also still in Berlin too from my FaceBook posts. Je suis sain et sauf au Canada.

I went out for a walk last Saturday (had my good camera on me) and saw that blow-up dancing thingee in front of a party store for Halloween accessories. I realized it was dancing to the speed of my new Paris song that I had recently started working on. I wasn't planning on releasing a bit of the song yet, but I wanted to show it to a francophone good friend of mine. I started working on that song at her house the weekend before. Anyway, the dancing guy fits well into French culture that adore marionettes, comic characters, strange voices, smurfs, etc... hehe though the 20s is a stretch but I need to finish off the lyrics this week. In the final video... will he stay or will he go? hehehe LOL

Last edited:
Top Bottom