Pix of Stew-Mac tenor kit wanted

jcalkin

Reaction score
I bought a Stew-Mac tenor uke kit to review for American Lutherie. I thought it would be fun to add photos (and perhaps a short text) of how others have fared with the same kit. All are welcome, though only 2-3 will likely be used. Photos must have good focus and be straight from the camera (I'm assuming digital here). No Photoshopping, not even cropping. The pix will be cleaned up at the AL office. I'm not looking for any one-upmanship, just honest pix of how builders who probably aren't professionals handled the kit. No pay involved, but I can likely get you a free copy of the magazine.

Hopefully this will set a precedence for future stories. Send pix to me at johndogwood53@comcast.net. I can probably receive up to 10 megs at a time. I hope to hear from some of you.

I just tried to send you some pics of the slightly modified Stu-mac tenor kit that I am just finishing up. If this is what you are looking for and need better photos let me know and I"ll take some more.

Sorry not to get back to you right away. I've gotten several responses but no one has used their UU handle, so I don't know if I got your pix or not. I have gotten back to everyone who has sent me photos. I'm still looking for pix. At this point I am thinking of at least a whole page of shots of stock builds and mods. I've also received a couple of build pix I want to use in order to show the Stew-Mac method (I went ahead and built a mold for future production). What my editor will let me do is a different matter, but when I do my job right the published article usually looks a lot like what I submitted. So keep submitting photos. I'm looking for clear, high rez shots of the entire finished kit. Many thanks to those who have responded so far.

Top Bottom