35TH SEASON OF UKE: "Coffee, Tea And Honey Makes Three"

just realised that perhaps it isn't clear: you do NOT have to choose between the "tea" and "coffee" categories for your official entry....you are allowed and encouraged to submit a song for EACH ONE!!!! cheers all :)

Am ready to roll on this one. Wah Hoo !!!!

I will crash the party with this terrible entry.

I blame a combination of Irish Whiskey and the ukulele for this. I did mean to say Coffee Tea or Honey instead of coffee tea or me in the beginning. It was either ramble this off, or try Coffee In Bed by Squeeze, and that was way too many new chords to learn tonight.

This is a VERY loose interpretation of the Johnny Cash "Cup of Coffee" song. I'm sure someone else can really do it justice.

Disclaimer: I have been drinking a bit prior to this, and uke jamming with my sister in law. Unrelated note: earlier tonight we had 5 people drop by unexpectedly, so I passed out the spare ukuleles and we jammed to Bruce Springsteen.

This is honestly amazing! I work at a Starbucks and one day this week while I was walking back to work from a break, I was thinking about how fun it would be if the theme one of these weeks would be coffee and tea. Just awesome!

This is honestly amazing! I work at a Starbucks and one day this week while I was walking back to work from a break, I was thinking about how fun it would be if the theme one of these weeks would be coffee and tea. Just awesome!
Hey, Caroljean!

Always glad to meet another Barista!

I've been with the 'Bux for almost 6-1/2 years now; I tell people that as a firefighter, I spent almost 25 years being accused of being paid to drink coffee; Now, I do get paid to Drink Coffee.

And I drink a lot less of it, like it better, and I'm far more discerning about what I will drink. [like my daily double-tall ristretto upside-down latte.)

Can't wait to see your song.

-Kurt​

Not an official entry, but here's one I did for dktoller's "summer beverage" contest on UU. Maybe someone else can really do it justice. Or maybe I'll give it another go, it's a great song.

I will crash the party with this terrible entry.

I blame a combination of Irish Whiskey and the ukulele for this. I did mean to say Coffee Tea or Honey instead of coffee tea or me in the beginning. It was either ramble this off, or try Coffee In Bed by Squeeze, and that was way too many new chords to learn tonight.

This is a VERY loose interpretation of the Johnny Cash "Cup of Coffee" song. I'm sure someone else can really do it justice.

Disclaimer: I have been drinking a bit prior to this, and uke jamming with my sister in law. Unrelated note: earlier tonight we had 5 people drop by unexpectedly, so I passed out the spare ukuleles and we jammed to Bruce Springsteen.

cheers for kicking things off brother jamz, very very cool stuff here. I love me some spoken word songs...Tom Russell is one of the best at it. But your delivery was superb man. And I love that tshirt...that's how I look and feel after the first 3 or 4 short blacks in the morning. Hilarious ending. :biglaugh: Awesome work all round. :)

Not an official entry, but here's one I did for dktoller's "summer beverage" contest on UU. Maybe someone else can really do it justice. Or maybe I'll give it another go, it's a great song.

oh yes yes. that does it for me. Magic Doug...where's a seedy old nightclub lounge when you need one...if it was 20 years ago and you had a regular gig somewhere mate, you would have been the death of me :cool:

gorgeous song Alan, I love Judy Collins but had not heard that one. Gonna have to learn it for sure. Reminded me of the sentiments from my favourite female songwriter, Michelle Shocked, in her tune 'Strawberry Jam'. Anyway mate, a really lovely performance.

Smokin man. Love the feel. Incredible lyrics, you really conveyed the power in them mate, and there's deep intensity in your voice here. Nice little hammer-ons in the bridge too gave it some juice. This is my kinda tune as well...sheesh... another one I'm gonna have to learn.

something else I need to make clear folks...you can submit more than one song in the coffee and tea categories, but please be sure to nominate in your clip which is your actual 'entry' in that category. Don't want to tie your hands when you've probably got a few up good'uns up your sleeve for us all to watch. Cheers gang...

I second EugeneUkulele's vote, here. Nice energy there, well, most of the way, heh. LazerCATS!!!

cheers for kicking things off brother jamz, very very cool stuff here. I love me some spoken word songs...Tom Russell is one of the best at it. But your delivery was superb man. And I love that tshirt...that's how I look and feel after the first 3 or 4 short blacks in the morning. Hilarious ending. :biglaugh: Awesome work all round. :)

Last edited:
I know it's late
I know you're weary
I'm just a coffee achiever tonight and tomorrow I may sleep all day

I've picked out my three... well, two of my three...

and I can't promise there won't be a fourth that covers all three...

Good one, brother!

Really nice theme for this week, Jon! And wow Decaturcomp! Three already!

Top Bottom