New Uke 1 - KoAloha Concert

Alex13

Reaction score
Hey all,

Well, after checking the USPS tracking website 16 times a day, the first of my two ukes arrived from HMS this afternoon. I was pretty confident at least one of them would get here today, so I took the afternoon off work to make sure I was home.

All I can say about this uke is WOW. First of all, it's gorgeous, without any imperfections. Some of the details I hadn't seen on these before online, such as the KoAloha name on the bridge and the build date on the inside of the neck visible through the sound hole.

Second, it sounds gorgeous. Suffice to say my $30 Ashton sounds very much like the toy that it is next to this instrument.

Third, it's so easy to play! It's going to make learning a ton more enjoyable that is for sure!

Here are some pics. Sorry for the poor quality, only got the phone available to me right now.

20121015_152155.jpg20121015_152216.jpg20121015_152235.jpg20121015_152250.jpg20121015_152322.jpg

Now just gotta wait for the mainland mahogany tenor to get here!

Wow. That's some of the prettiest grain I've seen in a stock KoAloha. It rivals the curl in my custom KoAloha. Enjoy your new aquisition. It will give you many years of pleasure.

Wow. That's some of the prettiest grain I've seen in a stock KoAloha. It rivals the curl in my custom KoAloha. Enjoy your new aquisition. It will give you many years of pleasure.

Thanks!

I actually came across your story just after I bought it. I was already pretty happy with KoAloha, but after reading it, it made me much more so. I feel like in some small way I've contributed to a company that does great things.

I'm a beginner, and I have a habit of picking up hobbies for short periods of time. If I decide down the track that Ukulele is not for me, I have decided as a result of your story that my instruments will go free to someone who loves the Ukulele but is not in a position to pay for an instrument of this quality.

Thanks!

I actually came across your story just after I bought it. I was already pretty happy with KoAloha, but after reading it, it made me much more so. I feel like in some small way I've contributed to a company that does great things.

I'm a beginner, and I have a habit of picking up hobbies for short periods of time. If I decide down the track that Ukulele is not for me, I have decided as a result of your story that my instruments will go free to someone who loves the Ukulele but is not in a position to pay for an instrument of this quality.

I'm glad that you enjoyed my story. The people at KoAloha are incredible. I was fortunate enough to get to meet them personally in August. There will be a second part to the story as soon as I get pictures uploaded to Gary San Angel.

And if you decide at any point to gift your ukulele, you have done an honorable thing. Of course, I hope you decide to play it. It is a very fun and happy thing to do. It feels liberating. You don't even have to know how to play well. Being able to play one simple song that lights up my child's eye is good enough for me. Find a group nearby. It will help your learning curve. And most of all, have fun.

That's one great looking uke! Congrats and I am the same way with hobbies. This one has stuck so far. Hope it does with you as well.

Beautiful! Congrats and welcome to the family

That is a beautiful uke, enjoy it. That is some really interesting grain to the wood. :)

Congrats~ it's beautiful! I'm thrilled with mine, also. . .

My KoAloha Concert is my favorite. I hope someone in your area will buy this beauty. The grain is exceptional!

Koaloha concerts are da bomb! Congrats!!

Top Bottom