New Uke Weekend!

Wooville

Reaction score
Maysville, Kentucky "on the banks of the Ohio"
My new Ohana BK-20 Baritone arrived Friday afternoon and was waiting on me when I got home from work....2 days from MiM's and the case came believe it..1 day from Sweetwater! Wow, what a sweet uke! More than I expected. I stuggled for a couple of weeks trying to decide on what and where to buy. Did my homework, listen to sound files, looked at every single Uke on the Internet and in the end, ending up going back to the first one I looked at. Thanks to MiM's for making the purchase painless. This is my first experience with the mixed set of Aquila's, 2 nygut, 2 wound....What a fantastic set of strings! Couldn't hardly put it down all weekend, even carried on into the work week with me bringing it along to work with me today. I thought maybe there would be some adjusting to the Baritone, but I know the guitar chords and all the chord shapes from the cGEA are there, just now there a different chord. How easy could that be!
Thanks to all who gave advise on my quest.

wooville

Attachments

• Ohana BK20-5.jpg
    Ohana BK20-5.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Ohana BK20-4.jpg
    Ohana BK20-4.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Ohana BK20-3.jpg
    Ohana BK20-3.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 20
Congrats. I know you'll love it. I have a TK-20 I got from Mim and it's a keeper. Ohana's 20 series are a real deal and play great.

Enjoy

This makes me smile so much! I am so glad you like it!
I tell people, you just cant go wrong with an Ohana, and I think the 20 series is such a great bang for the buck!
Man, this has made my day!!!

What a coincidence, I just got an Ohana BK-20 bari this weekend, too! Bought it from didgeridoo2 (awesome guy and totally great to deal with, BTW) in the Marketplace here and picked it up yesterday since I was local.

It's my first bari but I do play guitar as well. And it's really not that much bigger than a tenor, which I tend to favor over soprano/concert. So far I'm really loving it.

I'm really impressed with how well they're made and how good they sound at their price point. I'm not into bling and appreciate the simplicity, Mahogany isn't a real flashy looking wood, but it sure sounds nice... sweet, warm and mellow. :)

Top Bottom