PDA

View Full Version : Luna (posted wrong forum)

chuck35550
10-15-2012, 09:25 AM
The local music store has a Luna Maluhia Concert for $119.00 and a Cool Touch tuner for $29.00 and will sell me the whole thing for $150.00 tax and all. I asked about setting it up and he didn't seem to think it needed any adjustments. He offers lessons at $15.00 apiece for 15 minutes or $50.00 for four lessons. What do you think? Any feedback is appreciated.

Steve

fitncrafty
10-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Hi ,
The Luna is a decent price. Not sure about that tuner. You can get a snark from amazon for under 10 bucks. A 15 min lesson is really short. I would go for at least a 30 min lesson. I pay 20 for each 30 minute lesson. Although is charges 25 to new students.. we also have 3 family members taking lessons.
Good luck and welcome to uu...I personally like that Luna a lot.. I have a Luna myself. Not that model...good luck withn
your decision..

GKK
10-15-2012, 10:06 AM
You can buy an Already Inspected and Set-Up Ukulele from any of the recommended ukulele stores online (Mim's Uke's, The Ukulele Site, Uke Republic etc...) and also, learn from the many Free YouTube video's or Lessons on this forum.

UkuleleHan96
10-15-2012, 10:07 AM
I have the Luna Maluhia Concert ukulele and i highly recommend it! its a great price for a top quality uke its sounds and looks amazing! :D i think you should do it :)

chuck35550
10-15-2012, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the response. I like the uke and the tuner is really neat. It recharges on a usb and has a uke setting on the touch screen. The only thing that worries me is there not being a set up. He played it for me and it sounded really nice and bright but it seems like the other guys do a lot of work to make sure everything is correct. The prices are in line with everyone else and no shipping. I have to agree about the 15 minutes instead of 30. I need to mull it over a little.

Steve