Urgant help with Uke Fretboard/Fingerboard

UkeGreg

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals Ive been playing the uke for about 5 years now and i'm having a huge problem with buying a uke fretboard.
I'm doing a school project in my woodshop class. I'm making a tenor ukulele. So far i've got all the parts I need but I cant find a rather cheap ( under 40 pounds) one. I need the fretboard befor I can start production. So far the only ones I can find are from china and will take 21 days to get here. Please any help is very much appreciated!

Have you looked on Ebay ?

Why would you buy on Ebay when you can purchase from dealers who contribute a lot to the Ukulele world and 100's of people within UU have had positive experiences with them?

Why would you buy on Ebay when you can purchase from dealers who contribute a lot to the Ukulele world and 100's of people within UU have had positive experiences with them?
Hey , no offense intended . He said he needed them ASAP so I thought that might be a quick way. Jeez

Last edited:
Hey Pete I didn't mean to come off sounding strong. Just making an observation not a judgment. Much Aloha my friend.

http://www.pegasusguitars.com/ has pre slotted in Ebony and East Indian Rosewood. Hana Lima has them only in Bubinga. Been very very happy with both suppliers.

I know both of these sources personally and can vouch for the quality of what they sell. What you get will be quarter sawn and instrument grade wood.

http://www.pegasusguitars.com/ has pre slotted in Ebony and East Indian Rosewood. Hana Lima has them only in Bubinga. Been very very happy with both suppliers.

Pegasus sells great products and Bob is always very helpful....Not to mention a great guy. When sourcing ukulele parts, you should stick with those who are really part of the ukulele world and not those just cashing in on the latest craze.

Pegasus sells great products and Bob is always very helpful....Not to mention a great guy. When sourcing ukulele parts, you should stick with those who are really part of the ukulele world and not those just cashing in on the latest craze.

A good point, however not all those who are "really part of the ukulele world" want to help. I emailed Pegasus just yesterday but he did not want to deal with me in New Zealand because of the cost involved.
Interestingly Hana Lima have no such problem. I'ts time that people who act as suppliers realized this is a global village and need to understand that their customers can come from anywhere.:(

UkeGreg is in either the UK or Ireland (or just possibly Egypt) because he's pricing in pounds. So all the US suppliers are going to be too slow and too expensive.

Rob Collins (tinguitar.com) will certainly make him a fretboard and slot it, though I don't know Rob's prices or timing; but it would be a nice board.

If I were in a hurry and didn't want to cut a slice, but were happy to slot it, I'd go to a model-making shop and buy some 1/16 (1.5mm) walnut. Glue two pieces together to make a 3mm board. Walnut is a fraction soft, but I've used it for fretboards and it works well enough. Cost - around a fiver I think.

Top Bottom