concer ukulele undecided

1300cc

Reaction score
i was very close in ordering the martin c1k from ukulelepuapua for $469 + $55for the shipping which is really reasonable when one day i saw this maton concert in solid australian blackwood very light (made in australia) $499 comes with a hard case and now comes the koalana concert for less than $500 with oahu case shipped.....i dont know what :iwant:

Just get the KoAloha concert, will blow them all away!

Being the proud Aussie I am, and as someone who has played the Blackwood Maton Concert on a number of occasions, I would have to go with that. They are absolutely a beautiful sounding ukulele, with excellent projection and unsurpassed quality. Having said that, KoAloha also make great ukuleles, the owner's a champ and their warranty is well, unbeatable. Personally, I like things found off the beaten track. That'll include luthiers and ukulele companies. I'm pretty sure Maton ukes are handmade by only around a couple of fine luthiers that work for Maton Guitars. If you can get past the decal, Maton ukes are made from mostly Aussie woods (qld maple, blackwood) which are much more sustainable(yet brilliant sounding) woods than the likes of Hawaiian Koa. So for me it would be: =1: Maton/KoAloha 3:Martin

KoAlana concert plus Oahu case. You won't be disappointed. Plus, Better Than Weather lifetime warranty. That's solid, man.

For me it would be a difficult tossup between the Maton and the KoAloha, in that order. I love Australian blackwood (thinking again of my beloved first uke, a Lehua concert). Let us know what you get!

Being the proud Aussie I am, and as someone who has played the Blackwood Maton Concert on a number of occasions, I would have to go with that. They are absolutely a beautiful sounding ukulele, with excellent projection and unsurpassed quality. Having said that, KoAloha also make great ukuleles, the owner's a champ and their warranty is well, unbeatable. Personally, I like things found off the beaten track. That'll include luthiers and ukulele companies. I'm pretty sure Maton ukes are handmade by only around a couple of fine luthiers that work for Maton Guitars. If you can get past the decal, Maton ukes are made from mostly Aussie woods (qld maple, blackwood) which are much more sustainable(yet brilliant sounding) woods than the likes of Hawaiian Koa. So for me it would be: =1: Maton/KoAloha 3:Martin
bought the maton concert and its now my favorite uke i csnt believed it sounds better than my pono tenor and kala concert

Congratulations! If it's as good as Tommy Emmanuel's guitar, you'll love it! How do you like your LoPrinzi?

i wasnt happy with the fret wires (loprinzi ams soprano) because it was bit rough but if i have the option to return it ill still keep it bec it have the sweet mellow sound of mahogany and it is made in USA...hopefully this will ibe a collectors item in the future..

Last edited:
How can it be made in the USA if it's made in Australia? ;) But you say the fretwire is sharp? That's not going to get better over time. I'd send it back if they offered. Can the shop you got it from simply fix it for you?

How can it be made in the USA if it's made in Australia? ;) But you say the fretwire is sharp? That's not going to get better over time. I'd send it back if they offered. Can the shop you got it from simply fix it for you?
just edited my previous post, i am referring to the loprinzi soprano ams...i will take a close up pics of the fretwires soon.

Last edited:
My Cole Clark Ukelady had some pretty rough fret edges too. Its disappointing as the Ukelady is even more expensive than the Maton but its not a deal breaker to me. Talk to the shop about dressing the fret ends.

Anthony

My Cole Clark Ukelady had some pretty rough fret edges too. Its disappointing as the Ukelady is even more expensive than the Maton but its not a deal breaker to me. Talk to the shop about dressing the fret ends.

Anthony
it will cost me more to send it back to florida even if the seller is willing to pay for return shipping

it will cost me more to send it back to florida even if the seller is willing to pay for return shipping

Ah right, gotcha about which uke you meant. :)

Would it be possible to get the Maton tweaked locally? You're not limited to uke builders. Of course you'd have to pay, but maybe it'll cost more or less the same as shipping?

Top Bottom