How long does the kamaka HF-2LK nut width?

ssy

Reaction score
IMG_1668.jpgIMG_1673.jpg

This is my HF-2LK.

and

Nut width I think the wrong.

How long does the width of your? Please.

I'm feeling depressed.

Your uke is fine. The Kamaka necks are all CNC milled at 1 3/8" if memory serves me right. Were you expecting a 1½" width?

If it will make you feel better, I'll give you $50 for your defective uke and I'll even pay to have it shipped to me. :)

Last edited:
Hi, I'm not really sure what you mean? Do you think it should be longer or shorter?

A linked question, what are the kamaka nuts and saddles made from?

Your uke is fine. The Kamaka necks are all CNC milled at 1 3/8" if memory serves me right. Were you expecting a 1½" width?

If it will make you feel better, I'll give you $50 for your defective uke and I'll even pay to have it shipped to me. :)

SSY, glad your nut width is ok! I've got one currently being shipped from kamaka to Scotland!!

Thank you and...

one more Question!

All kamaka neck is 1 3/8" ?? ex) HF-1, HF-2, HF-2L, HF-3

one more Question!

All kamaka neck is 1 3/8" ?? ex) HF-1, HF-2, HF-2L, HF-3

Actually, I just did some looking up and read that Kamaka necks are 1 7/16" (verified my finding with my HF3) and not the 1 3/8" as mentioned earlier... Not a whole lot, just 1/16" but may be a deal breaker for some.

Kanilea is 1.5" if memory serves me right.

I have a Kamaka HF-2LK. I have had it about a month and i just love it! I play mostly tenor ukes, and this one has a unique sound with the tenor neck and concert body. It seems to be the uke I play the most. I have tried Worth tenor,and Fremont tenor strings on it. I like the Fremont best because they have a fuller and warmer sound.

Top Bottom