PDA

View Full Version : Mike has Fleas!

peaceweaver3
10-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Sorry, had to. :o Being the great lover of Fleas that I am, I was thrilled to see Mike at Uke Republic has the Tiki King surf Flea, and the Firefly banjo uke too!
http://cargo.ukerepublic.com/category/flea-fluke-firefly-ukuleles
Yay Mike!

fitncrafty
10-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Funny, I noticed that the other day... it's great!

23skidoo
10-17-2012, 10:04 AM
I was at Mike's store this past weekend and played the Firefly banjo uke..... it's a great little instrument for the money. I've played several different banjo ukuleles and haven't been too thrilled with any of them, but these were great - he had two hanging on the wall and I tried em both. Not as brassy or loud as other banjoleles, but a nice full tone, good intonation, and very playable. First time I've every strummed a banjo uke and thought I might want one.....

Uke Republic
10-19-2012, 11:52 AM
I tried to resist the Fleas just carrying Mr Jim Beloff's books and DVDs and then one fine day, KAPOW!!! We had to have em in the store. They are a cool instrument for sure. The banjoleles are lighter in weight compared to many which is a plus for many. One other cool thing they are doing is making their necks and wood fingerboards from timber that is native to the USA like maple, walnut and cherry.