PDA

View Full Version : Koalana Ukes built in thailand sound amazing....

mm stan
10-17-2012, 09:21 AM
My Uke Dealer Friend Maysa Hawaii from Baan Ukulele in thailand
sent me some videos of the Koalana Ukuleles and wow...they sound
amazing...I will get one for sure....Please watch the videos he sent me
If that little girl can make it sound sweet(second video) I am definetely
getting one...it is a no brainer...always wanted one anyways...amazin
Ukulele fo shua...enjoy the videos.. MM Stan:)
http://youtu.be/YFv5f-rHcgw

http://youtu.be/K38piRA9JYw

http://vimeo.com/50972054#

peaceweaver3
10-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Nice sounding uke... I checked out the 2nd vid first... Who else is saying "yeah that." :)

Trinimon
10-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Awesome videos! Thanks for posting them Stan! Pretty cool to see how they make 'em and the little girl is adorable! Makes me want to buy another uke! haha

Lalz
10-17-2012, 09:48 AM
It might just be a detail but I love it when the fretboard and headstock are the same colour as the body on a uke. So beautiful!

Rubio MHS
10-17-2012, 09:49 AM
I've seen that little girl on Thailand's Got Talent. She usually plays aNueNue ukes.

Newportlocal
10-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Wow that really sounds great! Nice videos too.

v30
10-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Cool video's, thanks for posting!
Yeah, those Koalana's look and sound great.

Dan Uke
10-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Wow...I gotta learn how to do the upstroke!

AndrewKuker
10-17-2012, 10:03 AM
I like this one too. Do a double take at around 1:10!

http://youtu.be/FlHGBXH3QKI

ukuLily Mars
10-17-2012, 10:08 AM
I got so distracted by the adorable little girl I forgot to pay attention to the 'uke. Got to go watch it again. Thanks, Stan!

Steedy
10-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Those Koalanas DO sound good!

Plus, that little girl in vid #2 has a strong upstroke! I'll play that video for the grand-daughters, ages 4 & 5. They'll get a kick out of it. They're just beginning to learn the C and C7 chords on their Dolphin ukes, but I'm not pushing them. They'll learn to play if they want to.

Thanks, mm stan! :shaka:

mm stan
10-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Aloha All,
woo hoo yup they are nicely priced for the amazing sound and quality...Andrew and Mike is the Place to go for them at Hawaii Music Supply/ the Ukulele Site....thank you Andrew for the video..
Happy Strummings Gang....MM

mm stan
10-17-2012, 11:42 AM
I've seen that little girl on Thailand's Got Talent. She usually plays aNueNue ukes.

Anuenue are great ukes....but nowhere compares to the Koalana...for sound and price...check out that little girls anuenue video and compare...not even close to me...

808boy
10-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Mahalo Bruddah Stan for sharing,
Yeah, vid #2 was da bes. Went to her FB page and LIKED her.
I'm gonna get one for sure. My original Koalana will be like the Maui Music pre-fire then, right? It sounds similar like these but not as sweet. This one is like the Pikake model whereas mine is like the standard one with the crowned end of fretboard.
Any one else got the older Koalana?............................BO............ ..........

Hippie Dribble
10-17-2012, 01:17 PM
thanks Bruddah for sharing 3 such wonderful clips..covered all bases there. That final piece was quite breathtaking.

scenic
10-18-2012, 12:13 AM
Mahalo Bruddah Stan for sharing,
Yeah, vid #2 was da bes. Went to her FB page and LIKED her.
I'm gonna get one for sure. My original Koalana will be like the Maui Music pre-fire then, right? It sounds similar like these but not as sweet. This one is like the Pikake model whereas mine is like the standard one with the crowned end of fretboard.
Any one else got the older Koalana?............................BO............ ..........

Pardon me if i sound ignorant, but what are the main differences between the original Koalanas and the new ones?

mm stan
10-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Aloha Bruddah Bo,
I get one coming too....woo hoo and dat lil' girl impressed me so much...wow

mm stan
10-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Aloha Bruddah Jon,
Glad you enjoyed it..yes that final link was awesome and great camera angle to catch his finger picking..wow

mm stan
10-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Aloha Scenic,
I have played the original Koalanas and they sounded good to me...but they new ones sound just as good as the Koaloha's due to koaloha has trained and sent their top builders to thailand, and the thai builders have strigent quality control and Koaloha has someone there to oversee production to create a better product...to me it is a real bargin..

scenic
10-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Thanks Stan!!

Guess what, i couldn't resist and ordered a Koalana Concert from Baan Ukulele (as i'm in Singapore), and it arrived at my doorstep just moments ago!! At first strum, yes it sounds awesome! Super excited so off to play some more now... :)

mm stan
10-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Congrats Scenic on your new KoAlana....that is my friend and his partner shop....he used to live a block away from me here in hawaii...If you talk to him, tell him I said Hi..his name is Peng..Happy Strummings..
BTW do you know Pam Ho and Ning Cai (Magic babe Ning)in Singapore....they are good friends with the Okamis of Koaloha and the two sons alan and paul are there now visiting in singapore. Go to facebook and punch in Pam Ho...or Pamela Ho....they just wrote a book of their travels around the Globe...Adventures of two girls...on facebook too.. they are uke players too learning....ask around
that music shop, I cannot remember the name off hand though.

scenic
10-19-2012, 11:38 PM
i'll tell him you said hi! :)
What a small world, Pam was my Uke classmate at Ukulele Movement! Saw the pics she posted on fb of the Okamis in town, looks like they're having loads of fun! Proves one thing: uke players are just a bunch of fun loving folks right? :)

ps. This is my first Koaloha/Koalana uke and one of the first things that struck me was just how light it was...even lighter than my soprano!