Koalana Ukes built in thailand sound amazing....

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
My Uke Dealer Friend Maysa Hawaii from Baan Ukulele in thailand
sent me some videos of the Koalana Ukuleles and wow...they sound
amazing...I will get one for sure....Please watch the videos he sent me
If that little girl can make it sound sweet(second video) I am definetely
getting one...it is a no brainer...always wanted one anyways...amazin
Ukulele fo shua...enjoy the videos.. MM Stan:)
http://youtu.be/YFv5f-rHcgw

http://youtu.be/K38piRA9JYw

http://vimeo.com/50972054#

I've seen that little girl on Thailand's Got Talent. She usually plays aNueNue ukes.

Wow that really sounds great! Nice videos too.

Those Koalanas DO sound good!

Plus, that little girl in vid #2 has a strong upstroke! I'll play that video for the grand-daughters, ages 4 & 5. They'll get a kick out of it. They're just beginning to learn the C and C7 chords on their Dolphin ukes, but I'm not pushing them. They'll learn to play if they want to.

Thanks, mm stan! :shaka:

Aloha All,
woo hoo yup they are nicely priced for the amazing sound and quality...Andrew and Mike is the Place to go for them at Hawaii Music Supply/ the Ukulele Site....thank you Andrew for the video..
Happy Strummings Gang....MM

Mahalo Bruddah Stan for sharing,
Yeah, vid #2 was da bes. Went to her FB page and LIKED her.
I'm gonna get one for sure. My original Koalana will be like the Maui Music pre-fire then, right? It sounds similar like these but not as sweet. This one is like the Pikake model whereas mine is like the standard one with the crowned end of fretboard.
Any one else got the older Koalana?............................BO......................

thanks Bruddah for sharing 3 such wonderful clips..covered all bases there. That final piece was quite breathtaking.

Mahalo Bruddah Stan for sharing,
Yeah, vid #2 was da bes. Went to her FB page and LIKED her.
I'm gonna get one for sure. My original Koalana will be like the Maui Music pre-fire then, right? It sounds similar like these but not as sweet. This one is like the Pikake model whereas mine is like the standard one with the crowned end of fretboard.
Any one else got the older Koalana?............................BO......................

Pardon me if i sound ignorant, but what are the main differences between the original Koalanas and the new ones?

Aloha Scenic,
I have played the original Koalanas and they sounded good to me...but they new ones sound just as good as the Koaloha's due to koaloha has trained and sent their top builders to thailand, and the thai builders have strigent quality control and Koaloha has someone there to oversee production to create a better product...to me it is a real bargin..

Last edited:
Thanks Stan!!

Guess what, i couldn't resist and ordered a Koalana Concert from Baan Ukulele (as i'm in Singapore), and it arrived at my doorstep just moments ago!! At first strum, yes it sounds awesome! Super excited so off to play some more now... :)

Top Bottom