Whats your dream uke?

tricky question, simple answer: The one I fall in love with when I play it.

I guess there's way too many factors accounting to "the dream uke". It starts of with the purely technical specifications like size & materials and probably quality of manufacturing (incl. intonation), and it continues with personal opinions about the overall finish (some love glossy, some hate it; action height is also important), selection of the "right" strings - and finally it boils down to unique and personal feelings about the sound of the end product which might even differ depending on one's mood.

I was completely happy with my Ohana soprano - then I played a couple of KoAloha's that cost many, many times more. So my dream uke would be a K brand. But I do not need one.

attachment.php

Here's mine. A custom KoAloha tenor I already own. It looks awesome and plays like butter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
There's a few that totally make me swoon:
- Hawaiian ukes in koa: KoAloha PCM-10 Pikake Concert, Ana'Ole Koa Tenor, vintage Kamaka white labels...
- Kiwaya KTS7, or even more so their KCM Master Koa Concert
- That vintage Martin koa baritone that was on Craigslist recently, with black bindings and black friction tuners
- One of those vintage-looking blond Palm Tree ukes with rope binding
- Mya Moe tenor in myrtle with bloodwood bindings
A girl can dream I guess!

Last edited:
A fancy koa Kanilea concert

A Koaloha pineapple soprano that I played at Elderly recently, a Kane K-1 tenor, and a Pete Howlett tenor that I saw on his web page.
Edstrummer.

I am pretty happy with my ukes. I have my dream ukes - a Kamaka and a Moore Bettah.

Boat paddle m-style Spruce top, purple heart sides, back, and neck. tenor 8 string.
With flames running up the sides of the fretboard, and at the 3, 5, 7.. markers have the flames flare in
String through body, peghed tuners.
L.R. Baggs 5-O pickup
you know, nothing to specific :D

I sure would like a Martin Style 5. But right at the moment I'd be happy with any ukulele because I'm stuck at work!

A custom Moore Bettah!!!

My dream uke for many years was a Kanilea Premium Island Inlay tenor. Now that I got it (as an anniversary gift this year), my UAS has subsided. Sure, I'd love a curly koa KoAloha tenor but for now, I'm good.

I'd love a " Le Noir " by Pete Howlett . What I want is a Vintage Martin Style 2 clone but in Black with BWBW binding . I have a Mahalo Les Paul in black and I love the way it looks . Makes me lust for a Black Martin style 2 clone. Just typing this into the computer is drawing me closer to getting one , ........ must stop ,...........

Ko'olau Archtop.

Top Bottom