ukulelemike's Cherry Blossoms

barefootgypsy

Reaction score
I've been learning Cherry Blossoms by ukulelemike, Mike Lynch for a while but only nailed the middle section the other night. It's a good piece to work on for a relative novice like me....Here I play it rather more slowly than Mike does...
The problem in learning it was that it's a three page piece - (turning the pages...) I only cracked it after I pasted the pages to 3 pieces of card and fixed them all together for a fold-out!

Nice --- my favorite time when in Washington was when the Cherry Blossoms bloom.
You played it well.

Very nice. Ukulelele Mike practically taught me how to play for the first few months after I started playing the uke last Christmas. He has a bunch of free videos that I used and I like his style of teaching.

Very nice. Ukulelele Mike practically taught me how to play for the first few months after I started playing the uke last Christmas. He has a bunch of free videos that I used and I like his style of teaching.
Thanks - yes, I think he's an excellent teacher, I love his videos! Very user-friendly!

your piece sounds fantastic, excellent playing and technique really enjoyed your video Lesley, BRAVO!!!!

gee Lesley this is really, really well done. The improvements in your playing are noticeable with every clip mate. Loving the journey...
:cheers:

Wonderful playing Lesley, it's nice to see all the hard work you put into your playing, paying off, congratulations, this is fantastic.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate that!

your piece sounds fantastic, excellent playing and technique really enjoyed your video Lesley, BRAVO!!!!
Wow, that's so kind! I find it difficult to really notice any improvement, it's good to get some feedback!

gee Lesley this is really, really well done. The improvements in your playing are noticeable with every clip mate. Loving the journey...
:cheers:
Oh Jon, that's so encouraging, thank you! The trouble with my ukulele journey is that I try to take many paths at the same time - which does rather slow me down! Or does it? I don't know......

Congrats on sticking with it till you can do the whole thing, Lesley.
I don't mind it a little slower (it sounded fine to me) if that's what it takes to do it smoothly and consistently. You've inspired me to keep on with picking, which is much slower learning than strumming is.

Top Bottom