Where do you buy your strings?

verbistheword

Reaction score
Hi all!

Where (online) do you buy your strings?

I'd like to buy a set of Aquila Nylgut (same as my current strings) and Worth (to try something new out). For the Worth strings, I'm not sure whether I'd like to try brown or clear first. For now, I'm sticking with reentrant GCEA tuning.

I have a Kala KA-GAC Golden Acacia Concert. I love playing it—haven't missed a single day since it arrived in the mail from Mim! I definitely don't want to have to miss days just because I hadn't bothered to buy strings before one breaks.

Thanks for the help!
Veronica

Elderly Music
Uke Republic
Ken Middleton (Living Water Strings)

Most of the vendors mentioned here (Uke Rpublic, HMS, Mim's) have a decent selection of strings. See this thread for other online resources.

I just bought 10 sets from Elderly. I got some worths clears, Aquilas, I got some low and high G tenor strings and several different sets for my lili'u 6 string.

Fabulous! ukemunga, ukuhippo, markr, I'll check out the vendors you recommend. Thanks!

Kanaka, thanks for the link to the sticky post. I shoulda thought to look in that forum's sticky posts, but had foolishly stuck with search before posting this query. So, thanks again!

—Veronica

Top Bottom