Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain - Audience Participation

Gforeman, glad you captured the moment. You caught a glimpse of my wife and I down below you. Your wife stopped too soon, but she wouldn't have known.....was he taking about you when he asked "who had the highest uke?".

Not to hi-jack the thread, but did they sign autographs? I went up and down both levels and couldn't find them anywhere. An usher told me they did not set up any CD's for sale. I brought a cheap uke for them to sign.:(

Bill

Very nice! We did "Relentlessly in C" in Princeton, which, while fun, was a difficult piece to get through. Would have much rather done Ode to Joy-- that sounded really good!

Thanks for posting that!
My wife and I were there also. I brought my cigar box uke because I keep it tuned to D and this song was in D.

It was a great concert.

Gforeman, glad you captured the moment. You caught a glimpse of my wife and I down below you. Your wife stopped too soon, but she wouldn't have known.....was he taking about you when he asked "who had the highest uke?".

Not to hi-jack the thread, but did they sign autographs? I went up and down both levels and couldn't find them anywhere. An usher told me they did not set up any CD's for sale. I brought a cheap uke for them to sign.:(

Bill

I too looked for them, and no joy. I had a silver marker and wanted them to sign my case. Oh well, that's minor, we had a great time. And the Strathmore theater is an awesome place.

I completely enjoyed the show, very entertaining. I was impressed with the level of musicianship and the collective singing ability of the group. the Ode To Joy segment worked out much better than I anticipated. hope they come through the area again.

Top Bottom