PDA

View Full Version : STAN DA MAN visits MGM at HMS w Mark S. photos reveals the mystery of mmstan

MGM
10-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Aloha Just got a visit from MM stan and Mark. Had a wonderful afternoon and they even helped the customers with their playing......hey i can take a break and sleep now...heres the photo proof

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/musicguymic/AAAAAAAA_zpse0386797.jpg

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
10-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Looks exactly how I thought he would.

consitter
10-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Dang! He looks just like the rear-end of a Kanile'a super tenor!! The resemblance is astounding!!

coolkayaker1
10-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Great. So now all we know is that mmstan has a head smaller than a Kanilea super tenor and snorts coke, judging from his nail.

808boy
10-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Aloha Mic,
Thanks for sharing. I knew Stan would'nt show his face, lol. But I know what he looks like, more like a Kamaka.
Here's another pix of the mystery man and I.

consitter
10-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Great. So now all we know is that mmstan has a head smaller than a Kanilea super tenor and snorts coke, judging from his nail.

Nah. That would if it was his pinky finger, not his thumb. :)

gyosh
10-20-2012, 05:57 PM
LOL!!!

Great pic guys!

Good to see Stan was feeling well enough for a trip to the North Shore. Hope you hit up Giovanni's too. Did Mark add to his collection?

Newportlocal
10-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Aloha Just got a visit from MM stan and Mark. Had a wonderful afternoon and they even helped the customers with their playing......hey i can take a break and sleep now...heres the photo proof

Hmm... His head looks like squidward.

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w466/Deckhand1/93378EDC-A9C6-49DE-B157-3193C0B3A70C-2611-000003FC09532D56.jpg

Skitzic
10-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Hm...I bet it would be difficult to find a well fitted hat with a head shaped like a super tenor.

ukuloonie
10-20-2012, 06:28 PM
I'ts good to see Mystery Man Stan up and about Thanks for the picture.
It would be great to hear stan playing his Ukulele.

Hippie Dribble
10-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Now that is funny Mike he he...keepin the mystery alive. Love it. :biglaugh: Thank goodness he don't have a wooden personality. Still reckon it's Santa Claus though...

fitncrafty
10-20-2012, 06:53 PM

This a funny photo...Stan isn't that your favorite shirt? He he... Mike and Mark you look like you are having a great time..

kvehe
10-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Great shot!

ricdoug
10-20-2012, 07:44 PM
This is like watching an episode of Hawai'ian Home Improvement. Ric

Patrick Madsen
10-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Made my day seeing Stan out and about.

mds725
10-20-2012, 11:25 PM

What a great visit with Stan, who let me play many of his amazing ukuleles. And we had a great time at HMS, where we got to hang with Mike -- great to see him again, too -- and I got to play additional amazing ukes. My heartfelt thanks to Stan for coming to the North Shore with me! It was great to finally meet this Kanile'a super tenor in person! (Spoiler alert: he's even nicer in person than he is on UU!) And is was great to se that he was feeling well enough to be out and about.

Dang! He looks just like the rear-end of a Kanile'a super tenor!! The resemblance is astounding!!

Stan looks so much like a Kanile'a super tenor that people kept coming up to him to strum his face and check the intonation up his neck.

LOL!!!

Great pic guys!

Good to see Stan was feeling well enough for a trip to the North Shore. Hope you hit up Giovanni's too. Did Mark add to his collection?

My credit card (and possibly my credit rating) is in the ICU as the result of a certain Kamaka eight-string baritone.

buddhuu
10-20-2012, 11:40 PM
Great pic! :)

ukuleledaveey
10-21-2012, 12:13 AM
Fantastic pic :) and the mystery continues lol thanks for sharing the pic with us all

bdukes
10-21-2012, 12:28 AM
Nice. Judging by the finish, Stan's had some work done.

Looks like a great time was had. Thanks for sharing.

foxfair
10-21-2012, 01:15 AM
Nice peekchas put a smile on my face. haha!
Have a great time MGM/Stan/Mark.

mm stan
10-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Wow Wow Wow.....
Mike's bubbling personality and Impeccable hospatality made it a truely amazing day and experience...Whew I was almost ready to pass out at the great selection of ukes...
If you are on a vacation or live here, you cannot pass up the oppertunity to come here...you'd be kicking yourself if you miss this one...to me the best ukulele
store on the island and online...I usually try to avoid these camera's, but you have to be quick on the fly with these cell camera's Ha Ha.. WHEW this was a close one..LOL
Much Mahalo's to Mark S to drive me there, and Mike to make it a memorable day!! Oh Oh and shhh shhh...Mark has got a company for his 8 stringer going home, "a KoAlana" concert..

Tudorp
10-21-2012, 02:27 AM
Good ta see ya up and about brudda..

coolkayaker1
10-21-2012, 02:44 AM
Stan, you are so well liked on UU...universally. Few can say that.

It's good to know you're happy and living healthy in paradise.

SuzukHammer
10-21-2012, 04:07 AM
I used a tool to enhance the photo

v30
10-21-2012, 05:35 AM
Rumour has it he's ex CIA , or possibly in the witness protection program........any truth to this Stan ?

Markr1
10-21-2012, 05:37 AM
Great to see you out and about Stan!! Take care my friend.

Pukulele Pete
10-21-2012, 06:38 AM
Stay thirsty my Friend

GinnyT11
10-21-2012, 07:01 AM
Stan, glad you're getting out and looking at new ukes...you're down to about 85 of them now?

Mike, it's great to see the fantastic recovery you've made so you can work again with great ukes and match us with the best one for our taste and budget.

Thanks, Mark, for taking Stan on this excellent adventure, which I'm sure you enjoyed a lot.

Everybody wins!

808boy
10-21-2012, 07:21 AM
Aloha,
Stan may have a wooden head but he does'nt have a wooden heart................

OldePhart
10-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Nah. That would if it was his pinky finger, not his thumb. :)

Depends on how big his snorter is - oops, we know he has a big nose, too! :)

Stan could at least show us his eyes, remember Wilson from Home Improvement?

John

hawaii 50
10-21-2012, 09:59 AM

Ha ha that's a good one..i thought he would look more like Brazilian Rosewood..

Plainsong
10-21-2012, 10:31 AM
He's like The Stig of UU.

Some say his head resembles a Kanilea supertenor, and that he knows 5 facts about guitars, and they're all wrong...

All we know is, he's called mmstan. :D

mm stan
10-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Aloha Gang,
It's me again....thank you for the nice words my friends...today is recovery day....my back is killing me...darn.. but I did have a great time...
will write more when I am feeling better....Mahalo Plenty my bruddahs and sistahs... Mystery Man...
PS...BTW, only Ribs I prefer are Mickey D's (McDonalds) McRib sandwiches...LOL hee hee:o:):drool:

Trinimon
10-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Ahaha, awesome pic! Haha, da Mystery Man Stan keeps his mystery once again. Good to see you getting out and getting to go to HMS with Mark. I'm surprised you didn't buy the whole store with your bad case of UAS. :)

Feel better soon bruddah!

fitncrafty
10-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Aloha,
Stan may have a wooden head but he does'nt have a wooden heart................

This is for sure the truth!!

mm stan
10-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Ahaha, awesome pic! Haha, da Mystery Man Stan keeps his mystery once again. Good to see you getting out and getting to go to HMS with Mark. I'm surprised you didn't buy the whole store with your bad case of UAS. :)

Feel better soon bruddah!

Aloha Trinimon,
I was with someone who has extreme UAS...it was like looking in a mirror....and Mike was making me weak and giving in to the Uke
Side...you know how tempting it is at that store...I have to leave my
credit card at home...last time I did and still walked out with a uke..

mm stan
10-21-2012, 05:01 PM
This is for sure the truth!!

You're both making my wooden head a lot bigger...LOL and I love my lucky blue shirt....33+ year brittania TYSM:o

mm stan
10-21-2012, 05:11 PM

Aloha Chuckie,
Nice Wood...and Pun.. Hee Hee

gyosh
10-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Aloha Trinimon,
I was with someone who has extreme UAS...it was like looking in a mirror....and Mike was making me weak and giving in to the Uke
Side...you know how tempting it is at that store...I have to leave my
credit card at home...last time I did and still walked out with a uke..

But mds725 has case of "custom" UAS lately, so a factory Kamaka is almost a tep down for him:)

vanflynn
10-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Aloha Stan. Did you stop at L & L's in Wahiawa on the way home?

mm stan
10-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Aloha Jim,
Nope we stopped at the Haleiwa L& L and it was the worst food I ever had at any L &L...sorry this franchise had poor food among other things...
let me tell you I am a 50+ year L& L customer since I was young and I was really disappointed...fish was dry and overcooked and tasteless .....mac was the
worst I have ever eaten...sorry...

barefootgypsy
10-22-2012, 12:21 AM
Stan I'm so glad to see you were feeling well enough to be out and about and enjoying the ukes and camaraderie! And the wit and banter on here is priceless! Happy Monday to you from a very foggy England.....

Hippie Dribble
10-22-2012, 12:36 AM
hey Stan, wood you please say hi to Mike and MGM for me Bruddah. I wood be very pleased if you wood do that for me mate...he he

mm stan
10-22-2012, 01:03 AM
But mds725 has case of "custom" UAS lately, so a factory Kamaka is almost a tep down for him:)

Aloha Gary,
Did not take Mark Long to give in though, I saw him look up and that was it... He was hooked immediately, but he was not finished yet...LOL he picked a Koalana just as quick on impulse
Actually the Kamaka Baritone was hanging from the ceiling.....:)

mm stan
10-22-2012, 01:09 AM
Aloha Lesley,
If I keep going out like this I may lose my mystery man status LOL.....I am still sick yet, but it was a blast get out and be and now back to recovery stage...From hawaii to England, sending my
hawaiian sunshine and breezes your way....

mm stan
10-22-2012, 01:18 AM
hey Stan, wood you please say hi to Mike and MGM for me Bruddah. I wood be very pleased if you wood do that for me mate...he he

Aloha Bruddah Eugene,
I wood be happy to, but it wood be nice if you were here.....I wood treat you as royality too because you are a great friend and a ambassador of UU....

Uncle Rod Higuchi
10-22-2012, 05:53 AM
Eh Brah, malama pono, take it easy and get better soon.

I have got to find a good excuse to return soon so we can repeat
our excursion out to HMS. I hope we can bring along some UUers.
It's always so much more fun with 'Ohana with us :)

keep uke'in',

hawaii 50
10-22-2012, 08:04 AM

you should of gone to shige's saimin stand..super good!

Newportlocal
10-22-2012, 08:38 AM

You are killing me with that comment. Ever since this thread started I have been wishing McDonalds on the mainland had Saimin, and Stan you are awesome. Hope you feel better and I meet you sometime.

telebob
10-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Ha... nice pic! Enjoyed the chatter on this thread. Cheers! :)

mm stan
10-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Aloha Anko Rod,
Yes Yes I am trying to get better now...and cool it on my back and infection....anytime I get to go with friends to HMS it is hard to say NO.....You know being there with Mike and all them
ukes are so tempting.....we met a young girl uker there and was trying to teach her....and she lived in Honolulu and needed to catch the bus back...she was getting a hard time
with the finger chording...but she was intrested, and 15 year piano player....right after we left about 30 minuetes it poured raining..so we passed the bus stop to check for her...
Of course she refused our invitation for the ride back, which all girls should do, but I thought it was nice to ask.... Yes Anko Rod, will be waiting for your return...fo shua hurry back
While in the L & L parking lot...we saw the biggest full rainbow ....wow a half circle one... Mark Quickly grabbed his camera fo a peekcha...

dkcrown
10-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Nice pic Mike. Looks like a nice gathering. Very glad to see you out Stan. And would love to see some pics of that 8 string Mark!

mm stan
10-22-2012, 09:48 AM

Aloha Len,
Actually we planned to eat thai food at Opals in Haleiwa that Mike suggested, but it was closed fro 3pmto 5pm...I wanted to go to Waihiawa too...either shige's or Maui Mikes
fire roasted chicken...you know dat place get some ono grinds.....here is da link...http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/37/411472/restaurant/Hawaii/Maui-Mikes-Fire-Roasted-Chicken-Wahiawa

mm stan
10-22-2012, 09:53 AM
You are killing me with that comment. Ever since this thread started I have been wishing McDonalds on the mainland had Saimin, and Stan you are awesome. Hope you feel better and I meet you sometime.

Aloha Richard,
Some McDonalds locations have great local additional foods on their menu....but saimin would have been great on a rainy night as hours....it poured when we was at Haleiwa beach park.
and we had already eaten...of course shiges would have been nice but we were so hungry....thank you fo da get wells and your concerns...hope to see you here soon on vacation...MM

mm stan
10-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Nice pic Mike. Looks like a nice gathering. Very glad to see you out Stan. And would love to see some pics of that 8 string Mark!

Aloha Dana,
You gotta take a vacation here bruddah.....and go to HMS and see Mike and Andrew...It's like a Kid in a candy store for ukes...yes he loved his 8 stringer...I guess for the volume
and playing along rhythm with his ukie club....

mm stan
10-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Ha... nice pic! Enjoyed the chatter on this thread. Cheers! :)

Aloha Bob,
I know you will make it here one day....let me know..

mds725
10-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks again to Stan for making the excursion to HMS -- and my weekend in Oahu -- a great pleasure. And, on top of all that, I got to play some of the ukes in Stan's wonderful collection (yes, now I want a vintage Martin baritone ... ha ha). And we saw a double rainbow, my second in under two months (San Francisco had one in early September).

Aloha Gary,
Did not take Mark Long to give in though, I saw him look up and that was it... He was hooked immediately, but he was not finished yet...LOL he picked a Koalana just as quick on impulse
Actually the Kamaka Baritone was hanging from the ceiling.....:)

That thing was pretty! Beautiful and subtle curl in the grain, great sound and resonance, and 8-string baritones are rarer than the double rainbow we saw from the L & L parking lot that made me forget how dry the grilled ahi was (pics, eventually, of the rainbow, not the ahi).

I'm referring all questions about this purchase from my credit card issuer to Stan, who turns into the biggest UAS cheerleader on the planet! (Just kidding, Stan.) He wanted me to buy a third ukulele, a wonderful sounding Pono mahogany baritone that had amazing sustain and resonance. For what it's worth, I resisted.

It should be arriving by Friday. I'll post photos after that.

strumsilly
10-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Ha, I got me A Pono mahog bari and I almost [almost] like it as much as my Gibson. I just bought a Koaloha sceptre from another UU member to give my Koaloha concert company. I love Koaloha. I can't wait to make my pilgrimage to HI and the Koaloha factory. great you are up and about Stan. hope to get to meet you sometime. I too have back pain and it can be a real pain in the .ss. you look like you got more grey hair than me, unless you are wearing a wig[disguise]

geetee
10-22-2012, 01:25 PM
That lucky blue shirt has me wondering, could mm stan be a member of the Beach Boys?

The mystery deepens.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1625671306383861510

Pueo
10-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Awww sorry I missed out, I drove right by HMS yesterday on my way to the Waimea Kanikapila.

So glad to hear Stan got a nice little road trip, looks like everyone had fun.

I hope to give Stan a ride to one of those kanikapilas someday...

hawaii 50
10-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Aloha Len,
Actually we planned to eat thai food at Opals in Haleiwa that Mike suggested, but it was closed fro 3pmto 5pm...I wanted to go to Waihiawa too...either shige's or Maui Mikes
fire roasted chicken...you know dat place get some ono grinds.....here is da link...http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/37/411472/restaurant/Hawaii/Maui-Mikes-Fire-Roasted-Chicken-Wahiawa

Aloha Stan my mom likes the chicken at Maui Mikes..they have a new Teddy big burgers in Wahiawa now looked pretty busy while i was visiting..
L&L in calif not bad..but some are way better than others..

Hey Newportlocal do you have L&L in SoCal? they got saimin there..

gyosh
10-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks again to Stan for making the excursion to HMS -- and my weekend in Oahu -- a great pleasure. And, on top of all that, I got to play some of the ukes in Stan's wonderful collection (yes, now I want a vintage Martin baritone ... ha ha). And we saw a double rainbow, my second in under two months (San Francisco had one in early September).

That thing was pretty! Beautiful and subtle curl in the grain, great sound and resonance, and 8-string baritones are rarer than the double rainbow we saw from the L & L parking lot that made me forget how dry the grilled ahi was (pics, eventually, of the rainbow, not the ahi).

I'm referring all questions about this purchase from my credit card issuer to Stan, who turns into the biggest UAS cheerleader on the planet! (Just kidding, Stan.) He wanted me to buy a third ukulele, a wonderful sounding Pono mahogany baritone that had amazing sustain and resonance. For what it's worth, I resisted.

It should be arriving by Friday. I'll post photos after that.

Did you play that adi spruce top, rosewood b/s Pono? I kept having to tell myself that I have a custom on the way. It had an amazing tone and great projection.

mm stan
10-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Ha, I got me A Pono mahog bari and I almost [almost] like it as much as my Gibson. I just bought a Koaloha sceptre from another UU member to give my Koaloha concert company. I love Koaloha. I can't wait to make my pilgrimage to HI and the Koaloha factory. great you are up and about Stan. hope to get to meet you sometime. I too have back pain and it can be a real pain in the .ss. you look like you got more grey hair than me, unless you are wearing a wig[disguise]

Aloha Andy,
Shhh I thought no one would see the grey hair..ha ha you must have
blew up the picture...LOL Yes with the Pono baritone I played, it
was definetely my top three in the shop....I was amazed with the
richness, fullness, substain and resonation of it...It was the only
pono baritone I tried but was quite impressed..As for Koaloha and
when you visit..let me know...Yes I have a pinched nerve in my back.
Hope you make it here soon...:)

Plainsong
10-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Oh ow ow! I hope you're able to get that sorted and feeling better soon!

Aloha Andy,
Shhh I thought no one would see the grey hair..ha ha you must have
blew up the picture...LOL Yes with the Pono baritone I played, it
was definetely my top three in the shop....I was amazed with the
richness, fullness, substain and resonation of it...It was the only
pono baritone I tried but was quite impressed..As for Koaloha and
when you visit..let me know...Yes I have a pinched nerve in my back.
Hope you make it here soon...:)

Newportlocal
10-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Aloha Stan my mom likes the chicken at Maui Mikes..they have a new Teddy big burgers in Wahiawa now looked pretty busy while i was visiting..

Thanks for the heads up. I just looked it up. I will go eat there. We have Marukai markets too. One by my house has a good food court.

mm stan
10-22-2012, 04:22 PM
That lucky blue shirt has me wondering, could mm stan be a member of the Beach Boys?

The mystery deepens.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1625671306383861510

Aloha Bruddah,
Ha ha Beach Boys fan eh.....are you in Manoa or back in Washington?

mm stan
10-22-2012, 04:28 PM

Aloha Len,
Yums the Teddy's goumet burgers first opened on Monsaratt Street in kaimuki on the slopes of diamond head, up couple block from the zoo....there is one across the zoo now....yes love them .
in Market city the is formaggio who serves a Kobe beef burger for I think was 20.00 ...big n tasty too...wow... yes that was the only bad L &L I went to, threw
away half of my food....i regularly never do that....

mm stan
10-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Aloha Gary,
I don't remember what wood it was, played too many ukes but certain in was not an exotic wood uke...most likely mahaogany, maybe koa or acarcia..

mm stan
10-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Oh ow ow! I hope you're able to get that sorted and feeling better soon!
Aloha Kimmy,
I hope you make it this way too and bring your mom too....she'd like and cherish being back home.....Thank you kimmy, been with my pinched nerve
for 21 years and it's getting worse now as my legs and foot goes numb when I do too much....always pay the price afterwards...but being a kid in a candy store is fun ...darn

mm stan
10-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Aloha Richard,
Marukai has excellent food, never realized they had them in california too...it is very big for the locals here to shop there...especially the asians community...as we say in hawaii..onolicious food..

gyosh
10-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I just looked it up. I will go eat there. We have Marukai markets too. One by my house has a good food court.

The one in Orange County has good food!

Newportlocal
10-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Aloha Richard,
Marukai has excellent food, never realized they had them in california too...it is very big for the locals here to shop there...especially the asians community...as we say in hawaii..onolicious food..

My wife calls me the Caucasian Asian. I was very heavily exposed to Asian culture growing up, and all my friends at Loma Linda University were Asian. I like the cultures and the food. Yet another reason to like Hawaii. Onolicious cool pidgin term. Ono/wahoo is the tastiest fish to me. On one fishing trip I told my wife if I catch a wahoo on this trip I will marry you. Ended up catching a 65lb one.

mm stan
10-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Aloha Richard,
Onolicious derives from ONO which means tasty or delicious..and licious is from delicious....ha ha I got so excited about the food on this thread and Teddy Burgers....that I am having a Stan's Gourmet Big Burger for dinner tonight...hee hee for real too .... Yup, it's my dinner tonight. ha ha yes Ono or wahoo is a very tasty fish if not overcooked....loved your wahoo proposal too....Wahoo Wahoo in like Yey ...LOL hope you ate that wahoo, it's a nice size and good for sashimi too....Wahooo
Wahoo is close to a baracudda shaped fish and they both taste good...

Newportlocal
10-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the word break down. Sounds like a tasty burger. Yep, I ate the whole wahoo. Saved a piece for the one year anniversary in the freezer. Kidding. Eaten all kinds of sashimi. Love bluefin for sashimi have eaten it while still on the boat.

foxfair
10-22-2012, 06:10 PM
These HMS/UAS buying/food talking discussion let me want to get to HI more and more. lol....
Keep going on , folks.

mm stan
10-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the word break down. Sounds like a tasty burger. Yep, I ate the whole wahoo. Saved a piece for the one year anniversary in the freezer. Kidding. Eaten all kinds of sashimi. Love bluefin for sashimi have eaten it while still on the boat.
Aloha Richard,
I guess you can say you caught two trophies in your life that day fishing....smart move bruddah..
also eating fresh caught fish the same day is completely different from
eating supermarket and or fish market fishor even restaurants...it is crunchy raw which
sashimi lovers like and cooked it is the best you can get it...
happy you kept some inthe freezer though...and a great idea on
the anniversary dinner....either pan fried or on the hibachi(broiler)
is good..:drool:

mm stan
10-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Aloha Howie,
You know you can have a stop over on your trip next month...HMS and Hawaii is calling you....

The Big Kahuna
10-22-2012, 07:49 PM
http://www.thebigkahuna.co.uk/mmstan.jpg

Plainsong
10-22-2012, 08:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq9yj2pVWk

Let's Enhance!

mm stan
10-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Aloha Big Kahuna,
Ha Ha you saw only my grey beard....or hair....not tellin" LOL
good try though....hee hee Happy strummings...whew lucky there is no such thing as image reflection enhancement yet....

mm stan
10-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Aloha Kimmy,
At least you can do an enhancement on my grey beard or hair...not
telling....for age analysis...LOL hee heee:)

geetee
10-22-2012, 11:35 PM
Kahuku side of Waimea. Tim has da best smoked swordfish. Ahi too. Go slo, look for the sign.

The Big Kahuna
10-23-2012, 06:13 AM
http://larryriverakauai.com/flash/photo-03.jpg

Am I getting warmer ?

caukulele
10-23-2012, 06:40 AM
Ok Stan, I can't resist:)...Is this you?

caukulele
10-23-2012, 06:45 AM
Or maybe one of these?....

OldePhart
10-23-2012, 07:24 AM
Let's Enhance!

Heh, heh. Isn't Hollywood amazing! I almost fell out of my chair the first time I saw one of the crime dramas "enhance" a reflection in someone's eye from a security cam video up to a recognizable face. Pretty much ruined crime dramas for me!

John

Hippie Dribble
10-23-2012, 07:41 AM
na, here he is, no mystery at all... :)

mm stan
10-23-2012, 09:32 AM
http://larryriverakauai.com/flash/photo-03.jpg

Am I getting warmer ?

Ha Ha BK,
Getting warmer...the background looks like my old childhood haunts...he he

mm stan
10-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Aloha Denise,
Looks Like a man of mystery .....but not the mystery man:o LOL

mm stan
10-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Aloha Denise,
They look to comfortable to me....Yes I am still sick and me back is killin' me.....oh and I not a pipe smoker...LOL

mm stan
10-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Heh, heh. Isn't Hollywood amazing! I almost fell out of my chair the first time I saw one of the crime dramas "enhance" a reflection in someone's eye from a security cam video up to a recognizable face. Pretty much ruined crime dramas for me!

John

Hell I may have to go deep undercover after this....darn... had a dream last night on this..LOL that I made my great escape...all planned out...he he real james bondy

Trinimon
10-23-2012, 09:41 AM

John

LOL, sounds like you saw an episode of CSI Miami. I stopped watching that after the first season. It just got so stupid. :p

mm stan
10-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Aloha Bruddah Jon,
I Wish I had that much hair though....ha ha hair club for men I guess...for me:o

mm stan
10-23-2012, 09:50 AM
LOL, sounds like you saw an episode of CSI Miami. I stopped watching that after the first season. It just got so stupid. :p

Sometimes Hollywood is so over the top and fantasy .....I guess that is how we get technically advanced....scary thought..
remember captain kirk's communicator....LOL:o

Trinimon
10-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Sometimes Hollywood is so over the top and fantasy .....I guess that is how we get technically advanced....scary thought..
remember captain kirk's communicator....LOL:o

Bruddah Stan, you so right on that! Look at iPads, touch screens, cell phones etc. I'm still waiting for a light sabre! :)

mds725
10-24-2012, 10:32 PM
Another Mystery Man Stan Photo Discovered!

Apparently taken during the same visit to HMS, but who's who?

click on this image for larger image.

mds725
10-24-2012, 11:19 PM

Here's a photo of the aforementioned rainbow. Click on the image for a larger image.

kvehe
10-24-2012, 11:24 PM
No pictures appear! Maybe because I'm reading this on an iPad?? I'll try again from a desktop when I get to the office - I want to see them!!

Okay! Now it works!

Great footwear! Great rainbow!

OldePhart
10-25-2012, 07:19 AM

Okay...that hardwood floor looks nicer than the wood on a lot of ukes...

John

The Big Kahuna
10-25-2012, 07:36 AM

John

Especially Cedar topped Ukes...

/runs

mm stan
10-25-2012, 10:44 AM

Pssst Mark , you did not have to mention the click on the peekcha for a larger image....LOL

mm stan
10-25-2012, 10:46 AM

John

Aloha John,
wonder if you can request a HMS floor top on your custom top.....and how much..LOL

mm stan
10-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Aloha Kat,
Now You gotta come here, it's easy just stopping buying ukes for a month....LOL hope to see you here on vacation soon..

mm stan
10-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Aloha Big Kahuna,
I am sure some builders are using wood flooring to build ukes...I guess some would look nice and sound good...he he

kvehe
10-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Aloha Kat,
Now You gotta come here, it's easy just stopping buying ukes for a month....LOL hope to see you here on vacation soon..

...but it's not so easy to get someone to mind my office for a week or so! Maybe in late winter when the new people are in place...

kvehe
10-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Aloha Big Kahuna,
I am sure some builders are using wood flooring to build ukes...I guess some would look nice and sound good...he he

Not to mention your awesome bathroom door......

Nickie
10-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Yes, I always knew that Stan the Man was an ukulele head! You guys kill me. Stan I'm so glad you got to go shopping. And I love your PMs, keep em coming!
My dream vacation is to come to Hawaii when I get my ears straightened out, come and kidnap you, get you a GOOD meal, and drag you to HMS, meet all your friends, buy a fabulous uke, and learn some new uke tricks!
Feel bettah!

hawaii 50
10-25-2012, 02:23 PM

did anyone answer..Stan in the slippas Mike on the left and Mark on the right..how come Mike wearing shoes?

mds725
10-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Pssst Mark , you did not have to mention the click on the peekcha for a larger image....LOL

You would be surprised at how many people I run into (including myself sometimes) who don't see the obvious. :)

AndrewKuker
10-25-2012, 11:01 PM
na, here he is, no mystery at all... :)

ya!!!!!! hahaha...10 years ago at his first ukulele lesson! how did you get that!!??

John

Wow John, I have never been so flattered. I personally picked that from the closeout rack at Home Depot and installed it (requires swearing for 10 hours straight) but I still have some if you wanna make some ukes from this sexy brazilian hickory/ particle board :)

mm stan
10-25-2012, 11:52 PM
Aloha Nickie,
Will be waiting....always a nice buffet and a trip straight to HMS....for sure....

mm stan
10-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Aloha Kat,
Will hold you to that....hee hee after christmas is not to far away.....yes you''ll enjoy the tour of my bathroom door exhibit....then straight to HMS for sure

mm stan
10-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Aloha Andrew,
ya!!!!!! hahaha...10 years ago at his first ukulele lesson! how did you get that!!??
Scary thought just now...I am starting to look like that....I may need a wig though....lol

mm stan
10-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Aloha Len,
I thought I had the shoes....locals wear shoes too you know...however there are locals only brand slippers...ha ha

hawaii 50
10-26-2012, 07:40 AM
Aloha Len,
I thought I had the shoes....locals wear shoes too you know...however there are locals only brand slippers...ha ha

Hey Stan i only wear Locals too..all year round>> temp in the 30's or 90's.. ha ha

OldePhart
10-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Hey Stan i only where Locals too..all year round>> temp in the 30's or 90's.. ha ha

I grew up in Colorado and we quite sensibly wore boots in winter. Then, I got stationed in Iceland back in the 80's. I was amazed by how many of the locals wore sandals with socks year round. One local told me that it was sort of a "status" thing - if you could wear sandals it meant you had a mostly-inside job - I don't know if he was just having me on about that, though.

John

mm stan
10-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Hey Stan i only wear Locals too..all year round>> temp in the 30's or 90's.. ha ha

Aloha Lenny,
when I was young, I just couldn't handle wearing slippahs under the 40's in the upper east...NYC and Mass...outside...freezin' my feet and toes....ha ha you say 30's...wow wow

mm stan
10-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Aloha John,
Ha ha I saw that too, with the sandals with the tire thread type soles....but what happens when your socks get wet....Iceland you say...wow brave buggahs LOL

hawaii 50
10-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Aloha Lenny,
when I was young, I just couldn't handle wearing slippahs under the 40's in the upper east...NYC and Mass...outside...freezin' my feet and toes....ha ha you say 30's...wow wow

i dress like i am in Hawaii all year long...shorts,tee shirt(sometimes polo shirt) and my locals..winter, spring, summer, and fall