FS/ New Covered Bridge Pineapple

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesuke

Reaction score
​SOLD For sale is a brand new all solid Mahogany pineapple concert scale.
Neck and body are all cut from the same board it has a Indian rosewood fret board and bridge.Grover tuners, MOP fret markers and white side dots bone nut and saddle strung with worth strings.
IMG_0865.jpgIMG_0866.jpgIMG_0867.jpgIMG_0868.jpgIMG_0869.jpg

Last edited:
What is the width of the nut, please, bluesuke?

Just to preface, I don;t know Perry or Terry, and just wandered across this ad on marketplace. Knowing their reputation, I pulled the trigger.

I received my mahogany concert from Covered Bridge just this morning and it's a winner! WOW! I just wanted to post here. So, well packed and shipped, shows that the brothers Covered Bridge take their instruments seriously. I have played it for about three hours today alone! It has all the features that I desire in a ukulele.

I generally prefer a tenor ukulele and, although my hands and fingers are not large, I have always been somewhat cramped on the concert scale. My friend, Stevepetergal, suggested a 1.5 inch nut on a concert. That is the reason I went with the Covered Bridge. And, sure enough, it's the best fitting concert sized ukulele that I have ever played.

I think the neck size, and the neck diameter, is ideal. I like a slightly thicker neck profile (like Pono, etc), and this has a stable, firm and smooth neck. The tone is great, intonation ideal, and it just sings. It has a sound like a Mya Moe (in my limited experience with Mya Moe)--hard to describe. Just plain super. I am switching from my Koaloha concert as my "go to" concert ukulele to the Covered Bridge! I just prefer the neck profile and, yes, the sound of the CB to the Koaloha, at least in this size ukulele. My wife, Cathy, in blind listen test, chose the Covered Bridge over the concert KoAloha, too.

I will say that, although this ukulele is "satin", as Perry told me before i bought it, it seems like something between satin and gloss. Not lacquered, for sure, but it's still smooth as a baby's buttocks, and shiny, so I don't know what the guys' secret formula is, but I like it.

All in all, hugely recommended. Superb value in a hand-made instrument. I may be selling a couple of my other ukes (I have several not even worthy of my UU signature...lol) to spring for a CB tenor in the future.

Anyone sitting on the riverbank, jump in...the water's warm! Thank you, Perry and Terry. -- Steve

Last edited:
Sounds exactly like the sound I love. Congrats! I am jealous!

yes, the sound of the CB to the Koaloha, at least in this size ukulele. My wife, Cathy, in blind listen test, chose the Covered Bridge over the concert KoAloha, too.
wow, that's high praise. my Koaloha pikake concert is one of the nicest sounding, best playing concerts I've played.

Hey Steve, I love the way you write, and I agree with most everything you have said about Covered Bridge; the men and their ukes. Aesthetics, tone and playability, the Covered Bridge ukuleles are right up there. One of the best value for money instruments I ever bought. Keep on enjoying mate, that's quite a collection you're building up! Cheers.

With all this high praise I'm even more happy with the fact that Perry an Terry just started on my myrtle concert

Just to preface, I don;t know Perry or Terry, and just wandered across this ad on marketplace. Knowing their reputation, I pulled the

Anyone sitting on the riverbank, jump in...the water's warm! Thank you, Perry and Terry. -- Steve

hey

congrats on the new uke.

I wanted that uke so bad it wasnt funny but alas I am not in the uke market right now.

glad you like her. the boys do a good job dont they.

see ya

eor

wow, that's high praise. my Koaloha pikake concert is one of the nicest sounding, best playing concerts I've played.

My pikake KoAloha concert is my go to uke and has been for a while. I would like to to try a 1 1/2 in nut on a concert. I just can't decide on the wood combo for a Covered Bridge.

My pikake KoAloha concert is my go to uke and has been for a while. I would like to to try a 1 1/2 in nut on a concert. I just can't decide on the wood combo for a Covered Bridge.

my pikake measures 1 7/16 at the nut. close enough to 1 1/2 for me. measure yours, you may already be very close.

my pikake measures 1 7/16 at the nut. close enough to 1 1/2 for me. measure yours, you may already be very close.

Looks like mine is pretty close to that at the nut. Perhaps it is narrower at the bridge, it feels a fair amount narrower than my Kanile'a when finger picked. Must be something, or not.

Either way, I'll find a reason to get a Covered Bridge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom