WoW troubles...

wow...... and i dont mean the game..... thats pretty serious. im glad i got off of WoW. it was fun and all but very time consuming

I remember a roommate of mine in CA...

Leave in the morning, he was playing WoW.

Come back at 5pm. He's still playing WoW.

Go to sleep...wake up to pee. He's still playing WoW.

Pretty sure got fired from his job a some point shortly thereafter.

His wife never seemed too happy either.

Last edited:
My next door neighbor seemed like he was going down that slippery slope. He would probably spend a good 6-8 hours a day playing that game. No time for his wife or son it seemed like. weekends of course were worse, spending almost the whole saturday and sunday playing. Over christmas and new years he said they didn't do anything but stay home and he played Wow the entire vacation...

Thankfully, He told me that he is trying to cut back on the game now.

Last edited:
Dang, i know peple like that but not with games.

That is crazy, this is why i dont play games i dont even play my playstation anymore.

yes it is crazy how people could get to that stage, i was addicted to runescape and my dad just WENT OFF!!! and took everything off me until i quit runescape, 4mins after it all i got banned..

simple :)

if anyone you know plays WOW, better off saying ur farewells to them for a few weeks maybe even months. its like they moved away.

^ i second that so much, i had a friend who always was outside and we played in the street... we were about 12... ever since he been on runescape for bout 20hours a week... he doesnt move from computer!!! so sad. :(

its crazy. games should be designed so that u can play them in a matter of minute,s an hour at the most surely. then if you want to continue its up to you.

the very fact that WoW has places designed to take a few hours to complete, and you're unable to save your progress is crazy. my friend had to drop out of school because he was number 1 on his server and he didnt wanna fall behind.

some people can control themselves, but the few that cant is bad enough. in all honesty, it should be banned. or like china...they should limit how many hours u can spend on it a day

the very fact that WoW has places designed to take a few hours to complete, and you're unable to save your progress is crazy. my friend had to drop out of school because he was number 1 on his server and he didnt wanna fall behind.

some people can control themselves, but the few that cant is bad enough. in all honesty, it should be banned. or like china...they should limit how many hours u can spend on it a day

man thats a shame..

you know in china, they have 24/7 gold farmers? they have people doing 12 hour shifts farming for gold on the Wow accounts. After the one guy's shift is up someone else takes his place for the next 12 hours.:eek:

man thats a shame..

you know in china, they have 24/7 gold farmers? they have people doing 12 hour shifts farming for gold on the Wow accounts. After the one guy's shift is up someone else takes his place for the next 12 hours.:eek:

yo dude thats forealz! every online place selling mmorpg game money is from china. in fact i bought 20 million mesos for maplestory awhile back when i played. man i got to be honest those chinese people are really hard to deal with. Cuz i actually called to see where my order was and they were like (barely understood their accent) umm we out of stock of mesos can u come back tomorrow. so everyday i would come back "tomorrow" and they would give me like 5 million mesos here, 2 million the next day, 3 million the next day and frickin shyt. I was like this aint no installment plan, get ur act together or put a out of stock sign on ur link!

yo dude thats forealz! every online place selling mmorpg game money is from china. in fact i bought 20 million mesos for maplestory awhile back when i played. man i got to be honest those chinese people are really hard to deal with. Cuz i actually called to see where my order was and they were like (barely understood their accent) umm we out of stock of mesos can u come back tomorrow. so everyday i would come back "tomorrow" and they would give me like 5 million mesos here, 2 million the next day, 3 million the next day and frickin shyt. I was like this aint no installment plan, get ur act together or put a out of stock sign on ur link!

whoa! lol how much did your 20mil mesos cost?

Just as crazy is that people pay money for someone to level up their characters for them. I think I saw somewhere that it was like 360 bucks to level them up to the highest level or something?

whoa! lol how much did your 20mil mesos cost?

Just as crazy is that people pay money for someone to level up their characters for them. I think I saw somewhere that it was like 360 bucks to level them up to the highest level or something?

20 mil only cost 14 bucks at the time i think. yeah i would never have someone level me up. i dont trust anyone with that kinda stuff.

It really is all about moderation and time management. I play WoW myself. I still go to school(17hrs), have a part time job, and manage to practice uke everyday.
The game can be really addictive, but in the end, it's all about priorities.
It's just sad seeing articles like that.

I played FFXI on and off through it's first two years (had a Thief/Ninja and stopped around Level 50) and I played through the first public Beta of WoW and despite my playing it, I couldn't see how people could spend so much time playing it, risking their professional and even personal lives just for the sake of a "life" (and I use that term loosely) that has no financial nor personal merit. When people stop considering MMOs as a "game" and then take it that much further, then it's pretty much safe to say that I've lost all hope for humanity.

It really is all about moderation and time management. I play WoW myself. I still go to school(17hrs), have a part time job, and manage to practice uke everyday.
The game can be really addictive, but in the end, it's all about priorities.
It's just sad seeing articles like that.

you forgot to mention, "and train your pokemon" hehe

I had a lvl 53 undead shadow priest. Quit after about 4 months. Countless Alts.

I've been playing these types of games for so long, I think I'm burnt out from them.

EverQuest- 1 1/2 years
DaoC-1 year
Shadowbane-8 months

Can't even count how many others I've tried but got bored quickly. I mean, I was in college, I didn't study or do homework, just networked with other classmates real well.

I could've spent that whole time practicing the uke, and maybe I could've been like almost as good as aldrine on a day where he sprained his strumming wrist, while he had the flu, and his left hand tied behind his back.

Top Bottom