My latest piece of machinary

Timbuck

Reaction score
I've just bought one of these :)...I hope it will get me into a better frame of mind...and give me a bit more motivation to keep building co's I've not been doing very much this year:(
startracnxt.jpg

They are a great way to watch t.v. or play some motivating music. Best wishes to your better health.

I saw an antique scroll saw powered by a bicycle wheel Ken, you could get exercise and make ukes at the same time.

I have one of these 20" band saws: http://www.vintagemachinery.org/mfgIndex/detail.aspx?id=224 which was originally set up for line shaft belting, though there was a foot powered...with auxilliary hand power from an assistant...model. Mine is beautiful, but in need of final assembly and a motor which I'll mount beneath the arc of the feet. Babbitt bearing below (re-cast), bronze up top. I almost hate to put a guard on it, but when I do finish it up, I'll do it with brass mesh and bent wood. I also would love to get a good car painter to do gold pin striping on it. When I got it, the original casting had been sand blasted, primed and painted black; the table Blanchard ground, and the bearings updated.

I've also got a (probably) 1880's 15" table rip saw on which to adjust the depth of cut, you raise or lower the table! It's hinged at the outfeed end. All cast iron, with what were probably originally oak table extensions. All cast iron with square headed bolt construction. Also in need of assembly...

Pondoro and Rick are right....Why waste your energy?? Hook that thing up to your thickness sander and you can get your plates into shape while you get yourself into shape.

Top Bottom